Is MI5 interfering in Scottish affairs?

Status
Closed
Nov 2014
Birmingham, UK
here is morayloon disingenuously posing as someone merely asking a question and seeking response and other views and opinions

Do you think it highly unlikely that the State would involve itself, to such an extent, in Scottish affairs? OR, like me, are you dubious about such sentiments?
Conspiracy theory? I hope so but I fear not!
and here we see him give the lie to that imposture, by showing he isn't interested in discussion at all, and will merely lable any dissenting opinions 'naive', to the point that it 'beggars belief' that anyone should 'not see that this is the case' (IE agree with him entirely), because as a completely partisan agenda-monger he has already made up his mind and has no purpose on this thread but to try to further that agenda

Not to see that this is the case really beggars belief.
To think there is nothing going on is very naive.

May 2011
Morayshire, Scotland
"propaganda/prɒpəˈɡandə/
noun
1.information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote a political cause or point of view."

you asked the question 'in what way have I been imparting propaganda'

I gave some examples. EG ' I have no doubt.. although no evidence', IE the ability of the true blinkered ideologue to believe without evidence according to dogma
Not so! It is the reality that the Security Service does not act openly. It's job is to secretly preserve the State therefore how can there possibly be evidence of present behaviour? In years to come we will learn the extent of their interference in Scottish affairs just as their activity in NI, on behalf of the Unionists did. We do have historic examples of MI5 activity - e.g. Arthur Donaldson.

or the not so subtle use of phrases such as 'the dirty paws of the dark forces of the British state' and the clear bias implicit in their use.
You really believe MI5 is a benign organisation? After its activities in NI became known?

May 2011
Morayshire, Scotland
I expect as well as mass recruitment of Asian and Arabic hertitage staff in MI5 in the last few years they've taken on anyone with a Glaswegian accent for the sole purpose of interfering in Scottish affairs. If so it would be a tragic waste of public money because nobody actually cares. The sooner they get independence the better so we can stop funding higher education, free prescriptions and all the other things in Scotland that are subsidised from down south.
In what way is England funding anything in Scotland? Our expenditure is a mere share of the income raised in Scotland!
I have absolutely no doubt that they have recruited Glaswegians, Moravians too for that matter. Not so long ago there were Job advertisements in Moray (and I presume throughout Scotland) for intelligence gatherers (or some other job description) What do you think that was all about?
Arthur Donaldson's internment came as a result of a Glaswegian MI5 informer.

May 2011
Morayshire, Scotland
Btw. Is it possible that the whole Rangers/Celtics thing is also just a MI5 plot.?You know "agents provocateurs" and such?
Divide and Rule as practiced by the Brits wherever they went was used in Ireland to divide Catholics & Protestants. Rangers/Celtic is an extension of that. Both clubs have their roots in Ireland with one a Protestant club and the other Catholic. Indeed it was only relatively recently that Rangers actually began recruiting Catholics. You shouldn't make light of a very tricky situation.

May 2011
Morayshire, Scotland
here is morayloon disingenuously posing as someone merely asking a question and seeking response and other views and opinions
Nothing disingenuous about it. I was in fact posing a question and looking for alternative views. That those views have, in the main, assumed that MI5 would never get involved in underhand dealings is really incredible.
I had hoped for an open debate on MI5 what I got was an unreal argument, for MI5s activities, which deny historic evidence.

and here we see him give the lie to that imposture, by showing he isn't interested in discussion at all, and will merely lable any dissenting opinions 'naive', to the point that it 'beggars belief' that anyone should 'not see that this is the case' (IE agree with him entirely), because as a completely partisan agenda-monger he has already made up his mind and has no purpose on this thread but to try to further that agenda
What utter garbage. If posters are happy to write such pro-MI5 posts then they are showing their naivety. Where is the discussion on the historic evidence?

Nov 2014
Birmingham, UK
Nothing disingenuous about it. I was in fact posing a question and looking for alternative views.
views which you then mocked as 'beggaring belief' and being 'naive' if they were in contrast to your own

which is to say, you started a thread with a closed mind, and have subsequently rejected as 'beggaring belief' and 'naive' anyone not simply saying 'oh, yes, morayloon, you have taken the scales from my eyes, and now I see the full extent of the machinations of the dirty paws of the dark forces of the British state'

Nov 2014
Birmingham, UK
That those views have, in the main, assumed that MI5 would never get involved in underhand dealings
firstly, it's not 'in the main'- it's 'entirely', as in every respondent to this thread has either mocked you as a crank or dismissed you

secondly, nobody on this entire thread has said MI5 'would never get involved in underhand dealings', just that your total lack of evidence for such, along with your fairy story of being followed by (presumed) MI5 agents on a 'dark, lonely road' (in case anyone had grounds to doubt your penchant for melodrama), means you have very little credibility

actually, your obvious bias and partiality ('not to agree with me BEGGARS BELIEF') is even more harmful to your credibility than your lack of evidence.

'oh but these people work in SECRET so of COURSE there won't be evidence, classic example of the conspiracy nut's art:

absence of evidence of a conspiracy?
well, that's EXACTLY what PROVES there is a conspiracy

meanwhile we're all doing the finger rotating round the head and little whistle, pitying you, phew what a loonie eh?

Nov 2014
Birmingham, UK
its also a possible sign of mental illness not only to see conspiracies, but to assume they are somehow centred around YOU, and that you are somehow important enough for the security services to worry about

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions