Is MI5 interfering in Scottish affairs?

Status
Closed
May 2011
Morayshire, Scotland
indeed. and on a darkened, lonely scottish road, they lay in waiting to cow and intimidate brave advocates of independence
That was a highly charged time in Scottish politics which you in your little corner of England, no doubt, know nothing about.

see the dramatic way the scene is set- 'on that fateful day'
It was a fateful day for us Yes voters.

and note how, 'nothing happened' and yet of course we can draw inferences (there's a great resemblance to 'I have absolutely no doubt.. admittedly no proof', here), that they were there to 'scare the **** out of whichever activist was going to be on that lonley, isolated (cue music from a 50s dracula flick) 10 miles of road'
You are something else! Of course something happened. The drivers of 3 4x4s were acting very suspiciously. Now I said it could be construed as mere coincidence but ...!

thats right folks. in order to swing the election, the 'dirty paws of the dark state' will- gasp- follow your car and do absolutely nothing
As I said what they did was frightening.

if anything will set the cause of independence back decades and destroy it in the polls, some cars, following an activist for a few miles, is bound to have the desired effect.
You rather miss the point of the anecdote. But then, I guess I should expect nothing less. Whatever the reason they were there and despite my reaction, my support for Independence will never change

Oct 2012
Divide and Rule as practiced by the Brits wherever they went was used in Ireland to divide Catholics & Protestants. Rangers/Celtic is an extension of that. Both clubs have their roots in Ireland with one a Protestant club and the other Catholic. Indeed it was only relatively recently that Rangers actually began recruiting Catholics. You shouldn't make light of a very tricky situation.
With all this huff and buff I am afraid I can`t help it.

Nov 2014
Birmingham, UK
You are something else! Of course something happened. The drivers of 3 4x4s were acting very suspiciously. Now I said it could be construed as mere coincidence but ...!

As I said what they did was frightening.
I'm confused as to their intended purpose, though.

three different cars, presumably therefore at least three different special forces operatives, highly trained in the paramilitary arts

and they, followed you in a car for a little while

what do you suppose their motive to have been, and what do you think they intended to gain by following you around in a car for a while?

were they trying to intimidate you into voting differently? if so, do you think they may have done a better job by expressing that, or maybe making some kind of threat?

it seems a bit ambiguous to me, I can't see what the dark forces of the british state stood to gain, by following a solitary activist in a car for a while, and, uh, not doing anything else

if thats intended as intimidation, its really crap intimidation. plus a bad use of resources, 3 cars, 3 men (at least), all for one little insignificant activist.

personally when trying to intimidate, I try to make sure (1) I make the recipient very clear as to what I want from them and (2) some kind of actual threat, you know, something like 'don't vote Independence, or else'

i mean, this is the Dark State, right? they could have threatened you over the phone. they could have cut off your internet access, they could have had you thrown into prison on trumped-up charges, they could do all manner of things.

and yet, they do what? follow you around in a car for a bit. I really hope my tax money hasn't gone on such pathetic attempts at intimidation, they don't even make the effort to pull you out of your car and give you a kicking.

if thats the Deep State showing its dirty paws, well all I can say is the Deep State ain't all it's cracked up to be

either that or you're making the whole thing up.

Nov 2014
Birmingham, UK
That was a highly charged time in Scottish politics which you in your little corner of England, no doubt, know nothing about.
oh, was there a referendum? if only someone had told us, down here in our 'little corner of England', that story completely missed the news down here. what happened? oh, hold on, I can guess what happened. you lost, didn't you?

what makes my corner of England 'little', out of interest? why the (superfluous) diminutive? anybody would think you were exactly the kind of kneekjerk anglophobe you were characterised as, earlier in the thread.

Oct 2012
Just watched the Outlaw King. Apparently Robert the Bruce was some kind of medieval Fidel Castro and James Douglas his half mad Che Guevara.
Scotland related anyway if off topic.

AlpinLuke

Ad Honoris
Oct 2011
Lago Maggiore, Italy
Considering that Scotland from an English perspective is a foreign country ... are we sure that instead of MI5 is MI6 to be active there?

[This was military intelligence humor].

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions