Is MI5 interfering in Scottish affairs?

redcoat

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Stockport Cheshire UK
The figure relates to the vote in Scotland. I voted remain! I was part of that 62%
That figure is as irrelevant as the fact that my town voted 52% to remain in the EU.
The vote was for the whole of the UK, and seeing the Scottish people had just voted to remain in the UK they have even less right to whinge about it than us remainers in Stockport

May 2011
Morayshire, Scotland
That figure is as irrelevant as the fact that my town voted 52% to remain in the EU
Scotland is one of the countries that form the UK, Not an English town. The vote up here is very relevant
The vote was for the whole of the UK, and seeing the Scottish people had just voted to remain in the UK they have even less right to whinge about it than us remainers in Stockport
Again you are on about an English town! We have every right to complain especially as 62% of us voted to remain and yet we are being forced out!!! The vote in 2014 is irrelevant now. Brexit is a material change in circumstance, one which means the Scots should have another vote.

redcoat

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Stockport Cheshire UK
Scotland is one of the countries that form the UK, Not an English town. The vote up here is very relevant
No . The vote was for the UK as a whole, how the various bits voted is as irrelevant as how the various wards vote in a constituency to vote in an MP.
Again you are on about an English town! We have every right to complain especially as 62% of us voted to remain and yet we are being forced out!!! The vote in 2014 is irrelevant now. Brexit is a material change in circumstance, one which means the Scots should have another vote.
No it's not, the whole point of the 2014 vote was on whether Scotland remained as part of the UK for the decisions that effect the whole of it, Brexit was merely one of those decisions.

May 2011
Morayshire, Scotland
No . The vote was for the UK as a whole, how the various bits voted is as irrelevant as how the various wards vote in a constituency to vote in an MP
If you think that this whole Brexit palaver will not be used in the next referendum, you are sadly mistaken. Scotland voted 62% to remain. However you want to spin it, the figures do not lie.
No it's not, the whole point of the 2014 vote was on whether Scotland remained as part of the UK for the decisions that effect the whole of it, Brexit was merely one of those decisions.
Exept that we were told that the only way to remain in the EU was to vote NO. As it turns out those who said No on that promise have been lied to and voted on a false premise. Ultimately it is what Scots think that matters.As the march in Edinburgh yesterday (plus the series of marches throughout Scotland) shows, the movement is very much alive.

GogLais

Ad Honorem
Sep 2013
Wirral
Exept that we were told that the only way to remain in the EU was to vote NO. As it turns out those who said No on that promise have been lied to and voted on a false premise.
Not that it matters much now but I think it was an incorrect expectation that we would vote to remain rather than a lie. Nobody promised the Scots that Remain would win.

In passing and given the current Brexit fiasco, would it be a good idea for Scotland and EWNI to agree the Scotxit deal before a referendum?

May 2011
Morayshire, Scotland
Not that it matters much now but I think it was an incorrect expectation that we would vote to remain rather than a lie. Nobody promised the Scots that Remain would win
During Indyref we were told that the only way for Scotland to stay in the EU was a NO vote. There were calls for an EU Ref from theusual sources but in 2014 there was no guarantee one would be held. After all, Labour was ahead in the Polls and if they won in 2015 there would not have been a Brexit Ref.

In passing and given the current Brexit fiasco, would it be a good idea for Scotland and EWNI to agree the Scotxit deal before a referendum?
The unionists would not go for anything that looked as though Yes would gain any sort of advantage.

GogLais

Ad Honorem
Sep 2013
Wirral
During Indyref we were told that the only way for Scotland to stay in the EU was a NO vote. There were calls for an EU Ref from theusual sources but in 2014 there was no guarantee one would be held. After all, Labour was ahead in the Polls and if they won in 2015 there would not have been a Brexit Ref.

The unionists would not go for anything that looked as though Yes would gain any sort of advantage.
Either Scottish voters assumed there wouldn't be a referendum or if they thought otherwise they must have assumed Remain would win. I can't remember who said what when but a Brexit referendum was a distinct possibility then.

Bish

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.

david cameron had already promised there would be a referendum if he won the 2015 election. The Scottish people, understanding how a democractic election works, must have understoof the possability of Cameron winning. And following that, they must have understood that there must have been a possability that in a referendum the UK would vote to leave. If they could not see the possabilities, then more fool them.

They were not dupped, con or dragged out of the EU. They voted to stay in the Uk and therefore to except the will of the people of the UK in any vote, be it election or referendum

It would have been a lot better if they had voted to leave, but unfortunatly they didn't. And there is no point keep whinning about it and blaming everyone else.

May 2011
Morayshire, Scotland
Either Scottish voters assumed there wouldn't be a referendum or if they thought otherwise they must have assumed Remain would win. I can't remember who said what when but a Brexit referendum was a distinct possibility then.
Nobody could assume there would be a referendum. Labour were ahead in the polls and they wouldn't have played UKIPs game had they won. The fact is the counter argument to Scotland would stay in the EU after Independence was that the only way of ensuring Scotland remained in the Union was to vote NO. I can't answer for those who were taken in by the promise.

Bish

Ad Honorem
Dec 2011
Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk.
Nobody could assume there would be a referendum. Labour were ahead in the polls and they wouldn't have played UKIPs game had they won. The fact is the counter argument to Scotland would stay in the EU after Independence was that the only way of ensuring Scotland remained in the Union was to vote NO. I can't answer for those who were taken in by the promise.
Thats such a stupid argument. We have a saying in the British army, Assumpition is the mother of all F**k up's. Scotlands people based there entire future on wishful thinking and you want to blame the English for it.

Similar History Discussions