Is the Great Pyramid of Giza an ancient power station ?

Status
Closed
Aug 2019
United Kingdom
I was watching a program called 10000 years after humans. It said that the only real things that would still be recognisable as 20th century human achievements would be Mount Rushmore and the Hoover Dam.

It got me thinking that maybe the Great Pyramid may have been some sort of power plant, based upon its precise location above a natural water supply, the piezoelectric granite, used in the interior, and the insulated sandstone outer shell.

Is there, or has there been any serious scientific research into this? I’m fascinated by how much evidence is unavailable as to the purpose of such an old and awe inspiring building. I’m not suggesting alien assistances, but maybe a lost technology that we could once again utilise.

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
In the section of speculative history we can discuss this matter for a while.

So ... a power station ...

How would a complete original pyramid [so with the upholstery and the pyramidion] produce energy?

Aug 2019
United Kingdom
That’s why I’m asking my questions. I just don’t know. The program I watched explained that all of the inner fabric of the Hoover Dam would have been eroded and that only the main construction would be left.

Could that be, (along with thousands of years of looting), be the reason for the non existence of inner fabric being left?

It seems that there are cracks in the roof of the kings chamber. This same chamber containing the most powerful piezoelectric granite?

I don’t know and that’s why I’m asking a question

Edratman

Forum Staff
Feb 2009
Eastern PA
You do realize that your post means that the ancient Egyptians had electrical devices and that this technology was never noted in any written records nor did it spread and that the technology evaporated without a trace at some time for unknown reasons.

Do you need anymore?

Status
Closed

Similar History Discussions