Is the UK a ghost of its former glory?

Feb 2015
south Slavic guy
If you believe that Khan is radical and that all left wingers are anti semites then the same could definitely be said of you.

Khan is considered a soft/centrist left winger by the rank and file of the Labour party.
Oh my ... How did you decide that I'm a radical left-winger? )))

You can consider our conversation closed.

Linschoten

Ad Honoris
Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
Not that necessarily they shouldn't. I haven't said such a thing. That is more of your presumption.

What I've said (and how the discussion actually started) was when your fellow countryman said that Sajid is there because he was born in the UK. He also said that "we in the UK decide" as if he knew beforehand that I'm a separate "we".
I was actually feeling myself very British, and comments like these show once again that there are double standards.
Eastern Europeans are looked down as a different (non-British bunch) while migrants from the Third World are being treated with priviliges.
So (according to your liberal logic) I should have the same right to be your PM as Savid Javid or your mayor as Khan, as I consider myself a more reliable person than him.

I think the guy that actually started this should be kind of ashamed as he never knew if I was British or not. And in modern times there are actually no limitations of being British. You could become for a day.
It's isn't really 'liberal logic' or any partisan logic, it is a matter of taking people as you find them, and I would judge people like Sajiv Javid or Khan according to their character and actions rather than by their background, just like anyone else who is born in this country. And again, it has nothing to do with favouring third world migrants (which Javid in fact is not, being third generation British) over East Europeans. Of course East Europeans who have just arrived here will be regarded as somewhat different, because they are, but if they choose to remain here and mix in with everyone else, I hope they will be accepted just like eveyone else. As it happens, one of the MPs in my very English rural county, a Conservative moreover, is a Pole with an unpronouncable name who was born in Warsaw. Personally I am not too politically correct on these matters, I think it is a good idea not to have too high a rate of immigration so that the country will be maintained and immigrants will integrate; but once people have arrived here and do integrate, becoming British in their character and attitudes, I think they should be accepted as such irrespective of their origin, and I am actually happy to think that English rural constituencies like these (where identity politics doesn't come into play in any way) will choose men like Javid or Kawczynski to represent them simply on their own merits. I think you are being inconsistent in complaining that East Europeans are looked down on and yet claiming that people of second or third generation Asian descent should be regarded as outsiders.

GogLais

Ad Honorem
Sep 2013
Wirral
What I've said (and how the discussion actually started) was when your fellow countryman said that Sajid is there because he was born in the UK. He also said that "we in the UK decide" as if he knew beforehand that I'm a separate "we".
I was actually feeling myself very British, and comments like these show once again that there are double standards.
Eastern Europeans are looked down as a different (non-British bunch) while migrants from the Third World are being treated with priviliges.
So (according to your liberal logic) I should have the same right to be your PM as Savid Javid or your mayor as Khan, as I consider myself a more reliable person than him.

I think the guy that actually started this should be kind of ashamed as he never knew if I was British or not. And in modern times there are actually no limitations of being British. You could become for a day.
Oh dear. See #486 where I acknowledge I don’t know your circumstances. I don’t want or need to know them, if you regard yourself as part of the “we in the UK” then fine, I’m not bothered. Calling yourself “south Slavic guy” muddies the waters in this situation.

Feb 2015
south Slavic guy
Oh dear. See #486 where I acknowledge I don’t know your circumstances. I don’t want or need to know them, if you regard yourself as part of the “we in the UK” then fine, I’m not bothered. Calling yourself “south Slavic guy” muddies the waters in this situation.

Well... ethnically I am. It''s just a plain fact. Nothing less, nothing more. I'm of Slavic stock. By your loose definition I'm not less British than any one of you. (since I've been living some years in the UK)

You wouldn't call a pitbul golden retriever, will you?

But don't worry. I'm fed with this sh&t that is happening on the Isles. I'm not coming back. Ever.

Well... ethnically I am. It''s just a plain fact. Nothing less, nothing more. I'm of Slavic stock. By your loose definition I'm not less British than any one of you. (since I've been living some years in the UK)

But don't worry. I'm fed with this sh&t that is happening on the Isles. I'm not coming back. Ever.
if the sh&t your talking about is British citizens like sadiq khan being elected to positions of power then its probably for the best.

I've never fookin said that.

You have a comprehension problem. Most of the British do.
Maybe i have misunderstood what you meant, but based on some of your comments you seemed to question the right of British citizens to run for public office, specifically sadiq khan and Sajiv Javid . You mentioned how you thought Khan was "unreliable and actually destructive in some way to the people of London and UK" without really clarifying how he was being destructive, what has he done?

Feb 2015
south Slavic guy
Maybe i have misunderstood what you meant, but based on some of your comments you seemed to question the right of British citizens to run for public office, specifically sadiq khan and Sajiv Javid . You mentioned how you thought Khan was "unreliable and actually destructive in some way to the people of London and UK" without really clarifying how he was being destructive, what has he done?
If you are going to defend Khan I can absolutely destroy you.
It's up to you if you continue to reply to me. I can write things that you would not like. Or like everyone that is defending a dead cause will try to diminish or competely ignore. This happens when somebody is politically indoctrinated as it seems with your case.

You will grasp at straws to defend that Indian midget.

GogLais

Ad Honorem
Sep 2013
Wirral

My loose definition of what exactly?

Similar History Discussions