Is the UK a ghost of its former glory?

If you are going to defend Khan I can absolutely destroy you.
It's up to you if you continue to reply to me. I can write things that you would not like. Or like everyone that is defending a dead cause will try to diminish or competely ignore. This happens when somebody is politically indoctrinated as it seems with your case.

You will grasp at straws to defend that Indian midget.
See it's the things you say like that that make you sound like a racist because rather than actually saying what hes done wrong you decided to call him an "indian midget".I am curious though what has khan done that has been so destructive (main criticism of him ive seen is hes not doing enough to tackle crime) since you decided not to answer in the previous post. Just to be clear i imagine he has done things wrong (like borris before him) and if what hes done is as "destructive" as you claim i will not defend him.

Last edited:
Feb 2015
south Slavic guy
See it's the things you say like that that make you sound like a racist, i am curious though what has khan done that has been so destructive (main criticism of him ive seen is hes not doing enough to tackle crime) since you decided not to answer in the previous post. Just to be clear i imagine he has done things wrong (like borris before him) and if what hes done is as "destructive" as you claim i will not defend him.
Its not that he's not doing "enough" to tackle crime.
The crime is absolutely booming over his mandate. And it's VERY evident.
LondonCrime.jpg

Not to mention the stupid geopolitical scandal when he tried to diminish the authority of the greatest ally of UK (the USA) by insulting the American President. He's just way over his head and he demonstrates that regularly. He hasn't done anything to justify the HIGH privilige that he has been given (as a mayor of the capital of the UK). And I don't care if that sounds racist to you. But that's the truth.

He's one little Indian midget that is there by a mistake.

Its not that he's not doing "enough" to tackle crime.
The crime is absolutely booming over his mandate. And it's VERY evident.
View attachment 14633

Not to mention the stupid geopolitical scandal when he tried to diminish the authority of the greatest ally of UK (the USA) by insulting the American President. He's just way over his head and he demonstrates that regularly. He hasn't done anything to justify the HIGH privilige that he has been given (as a mayor of the capital of the UK). And I don't care if that sounds racist to you. But that's the truth.

He's one little Indian midget that is there by a mistake.
Fair enough you actually provided a reason for disliking him this time and it's a good reason to think hes doing a poor job. Most politicians haven't done anything to justify them being given positions of powers besides giving promises of making things better which sometime they achieve and sometimes they don't. Everyone in this country has the potential to try and have a go at politics some of them will be fantastic leaders that do a lot of good for the county others will make a mess out of everything that's just democracy i guess you take the good with the bad.

Also in regards to trump khan is hardly the first to criticise trump, since hes been elected pretty much every politician or public figure has taken a shot at him, just as trump has taken plenty of shots at other people although i guess this isant the place for this conversation.

AlpinLuke

Ad Honoris
Oct 2011
Lago Maggiore, Italy
May be I hadn't to call him "Jengis Khan" ...

but it was satire.

To add a particular viewpoint: I have had a very meaningful discussion with a British Lady [high class] around Regent's Park. She sustained I'm a presumptuous Italian man who even doesn't speak English ... actually I avoid to speak English with that kind of English women.

I underlined that when they come to Italy as English tourists they expect Italians to speak English with them. So, since I was an Italian tourist in English ... was it so surprising if I expected English to speak Italian with me?

I reached the limit to accuse that English lady to be culturally racist. But I didn't. At the end I'm a knight.

This to say that the problem is about perspective.

I've got not problem at all to use English as universal language and I don't expect that not Italians speak Italian. But sure I don't stand who imposes this perspective: if I accept it that's ok, but I'm free not to accept it.

GogLais

Ad Honorem
Sep 2013
Wirral
May be I hadn't to call him "Jengis Khan" ...

but it was satire.

To add a particular viewpoint: I have had a very meaningful discussion with a British Lady [high class] around Regent's Park. She sustained I'm a presumptuous Italian man who even doesn't speak English ... actually I avoid to speak English with that kind of English women.

I underlined that when they come to Italy as English tourists they expect Italians to speak English with them. So, since I was an Italian tourist in English ... was it so surprising if I expected English to speak Italian with me?

I reached the limit to accuse that English lady to be culturally racist. But I didn't. At the end I'm a knight.

This to say that the problem is about perspective.

I've got not problem at all to use English as universal language and I don't expect that not Italians speak Italian. But sure I don't stand who imposes this perspective: if I accept it that's ok, but I'm free not to accept it.
I’m afraid I’ve no idea what English people’s lack of knowledge of Italian has to do with your calling the Mayor of London Jengis Khan. Are you saying that one justifies the other?

Jul 2016
Dengie Peninsula
Luke, the whole idea is to teach the rest of the world ( Including the USA,) English. At that point, no one will have to speak any other language and you can retire to a bar when Language lessons are due. Capiste?

Nov 2010
Cornwall
To add a particular viewpoint: I have had a very meaningful discussion with a British Lady [high class] around Regent's Park.

Couple of points of order Luke :)

I don't speak Italian but fluent in Spanish. Caballero (Spanish) means gentleman and knight in English. A knight is a 'Sir' who has been knighted. I'm sure you are a gentleman!!

And in England a High Class Lady used to mean something else. :lol:

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
And in England a High Class Lady used to mean something else. :lol:
Well, we still don’t know it what kind of position was AlpinLuke talking with her.

But Alpinluke as a point, in general (and this is clearly an overgeneralization), English native tourist speakers, and not just British, have a tendency to assume that everybody else needs to speak English with them. Eventually the fact that English is a lingua franca for more than a century gives them that tendency. For the record, personally with the few cases that I had as a sample, this happened to me more with US Americans than with British.

May 2016
Greater Manchester
How, pray tell, has Sadiq Khan proved to be unreliable? Concrete examples with articles to beack it up.

Because it's amazing howpeople draw a conclusion based on someone's perceived background.

Hell, the last Mayor of London had a Turkish grandfather. And the one before that was a radical left winger eith anti-Semitic credentials.
Khan is an absolute disgrace and the worst London Mayor ever. That stunt he pulled during the London Eye New Year's fireworks - in which he lit up the London Eye to make it look like the awful EU flag, using taxpayers' money - was sick.

He seems to forget that more Londoners voted for Brexit than voted for him.

Similar History Discussions