Is the UK a ghost of its former glory?

Nov 2014
Birmingham, UK
Its not that he's not doing "enough" to tackle crime.
The crime is absolutely booming over his mandate. And it's VERY evident.

I presume you're aware that London Police numbers have decreased- been cut- actually, by around 19%, by my calculations.

And you're also aware, I presume that Policing numbers in the UK and in London are a matter that's out of the mayor's control?

My question to you is how can a Major not in control of Policing numbers be wholly blamed for an increase in crime, in the context of London having around 20% fewer Police officers than in 2011?

I presume you're aware that London Police numbers have decreased- been cut- actually, by around 19%, by my calculations.

And you're also aware, I presume that Policing numbers in the UK and in London are a matter that's out of the mayor's control?

My question to you is how can a Major not in control of Policing numbers be wholly blamed for an increase in crime, in the context of London having around 20% fewer Police officers than in 2011?
Sherdogger is right on this one.

The number of bobbies has no effect on what's going on behind closed doors and we simply don't have enough Detectives to manage what is a massive number of our population.

Back in the day drug dealing was for hardcore criminals, every town / City has a few but they are relatively localised ........... these days every two bit kid on every block is raised by a culture who promotes drug dealing as a viable option of making money before they turn 15.

What was once a black market product is now virtually main stream such is its demand in the populace.

The amount of people taking drugs is way out of proportion which is what drives the demand, more police on the streets will not do anything and detectives can only work so many cases at a time.

Feb 2015
south Slavic guy

Stop defending that Indian midget.

I repeat once again. He's not qualified to be at that position. Say what you want.

Nov 2014
Birmingham, UK
Sherdogger is right on this one.

The number of bobbies has no effect on what's going on behind closed doors and we simply don't have enough Detectives to manage what is a massive number of our population.

Back in the day drug dealing was for hardcore criminals, every town / City has a few but they are relatively localised ........... these days every two bit kid on every block is raised by a culture who promotes drug dealing as a viable option of making money before they turn 15.

What was once a black market product is now virtually main stream such is its demand in the populace.

The amount of people taking drugs is way out of proportion which is what drives the demand, more police on the streets will not do anything and detectives can only work so many cases at a time.
So what has Khan done to create this drugs boom? What tools does he have to prevent it?

Seems to me you're undermining your own argument, I don't think pointing to the huge problem of the drug industry supports a case that Khan is to blame. I agree the drugs/ gang culture is the problem, but do you really think a London mayor has the tools and power to change that? It's way, way too broad and deep to say the resulting crime is the fault of the mayor.

So what has Khan done to create this drugs boom? What tools does he have to prevent it?

Seems to me you're undermining your own argument, I don't think pointing to the huge problem of the drug industry supports a case that Khan is to blame. I agree the drugs/ gang culture is the problem, but do you really think a London mayor has the tools and power to change that? It's way, way too broad and deep to say the resulting crime is the fault of the mayor.
I never mentioned Khan?

I simply pointed out the "more police on the street" theory would be ineffective.

Sadiq Khan is your lots debate, not mine.

Similar History Discussions