Is there such a thing as collective, national guilt?

Nov 2018
Canada
So if i feel bad that certain people where treated badly in the past makes me sadomasochist, i call it having compassion for your fellow man.

Also whats up with alll the fringe people running amok on the internet claiming that the white man is persecuted? I see it daily on threads that have nothing to do with that.

Also why the need to have pride of where you where born, you did not decide it, so why the need the need to have pride in something you have nothing to do with.

Jun 2018
New Hampshire
So if i feel bad that certain people where treated badly in the past makes me sadomasochist, i call it having compassion for your fellow man.

Also whats up with alll the fringe people running amok on the internet claiming that the white man is persecuted? I see it daily on threads that have nothing to do with that.

Also why the need to have pride of where you where born, you did not decide it, so why the need the need to have pride in something you have nothing to do with.
I see you have bought into the globalist rhetoric being peddled by modern western governments hook, line, and sinker. Apparently the public school system and news media are doing their intended job quite nicely.

Nov 2018
Canada
I see you have bought into the globalist rhetoric being peddled by modern western governments hook, line, and sinker. Apparently the public school system and news media are doing their intended job quite nicely.
Are you serious with your reply? Sorry but personally i stay away from rude replies.

Have a nice day

Jan 2016
Ohio
My pride doesn't stem from the fact I was born here. It stems from my life experiences and understanding of the country I choose to call home. Patriotism. Does America have some shortcomings? Hell yes. Our education system is J-O-K-E. The political sphere right now is a J-O-K-E.

However, wether you want to believe it or not, the USA is the greatest country in the world. THAT is my national pride. (The USA protects your right to say otherwise rather than gives it too you)

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
However, wether you want to believe it or not, the USA is the greatest country in the world.
Sorry to say but Russia is the greatest country in the world. Even Canada is slightly bigger than the USA. If I recall correctly the USA are the 3rd greatest country in the World. Patriotism is liking your country, it is not to invent facts about it.

the music man said
I am proud to be an American. I am grateful for our achievements like winning the revolutionary war (with the help of the French), etc.
Perhaps I am wrong, but the way you have written that implies that your pride of being American is tied up with things that were done in the past eg the revolutionary war; you name that as one of "OUR achievements". Are you proud because of what was done in the past?

Similar History Discussions