Is this defenitive proof against OOA II theory?

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
What, the species that became homo sapiens simultaneously speciated into homo sapiens in multiple places at once?
Not only that ! I used to argue with a guy in USA about this . According to him this is the case . On further inquiring, it appeared that he believed different hominids evolved to be become different human .....

(wait for it ) ... ' races ' .

:eek:

So I stopped the discussion

specul8

Ad Honorem
Oct 2016
Australia
Actually I got it wrong, because I tought the oldest Sapiens remains known were from east africa +-200K ago, but there were some remains from +-300K from Morocco.

Still the geography of the remains and the dates are pretty interesting.
I thought this was an indication that (and not just in Morocco ) some came out of Africa at earlier times, and left a trace behind , but those people died out. That is, in a way, the exit was not a long term success .

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
The history of the origins and spread of corvids may provide a parallel to our origin and how we spread, and provide a rough, very rough, model for us to use. Corvus - Wikipedia
I've found over the years that we can overlook examples from other forms of life due to our arrogance and belief, by some, that we are "separate" from all other animals.

Frank81

Ad Honorem
Feb 2010
Canary Islands-Spain
Human expansion model is that of Paleotropical flora and fauna, more specifically African. During warm periods, hyenas, lions, elephants, apes, hippopotamus, rhinos etc moved north following favourable conditions of temperature, vegetation and water availability.

In cold times, adequate areas for them in the Palearctic realm got restricted, so animals envoled diversely in these hotspots of diversity and, if possible, adapted to colder conditions. A new cycle of warm conditions triggered the expansion of African fauna again, replacing or mixing with existing species in northern areas. Human evolution responded to these cycles of Paleotropical biota until Homo sapies developed agriculture and animal husbandry

Similar History Discussions