Is this planet falling apart?

Status
Closed

aggienation

Ad Honorem
Jul 2016
USA
I know when I want the God's honest truth on something in the year 2019 on something as complex as global , I seek out unhinged teenagers raised and indoctrinated by hardcore activists to set me straight!

Who else knows the most up to date propaganda and talking points? It sure isn't the old activists, they're out of touch and probably think twitter is a heart medicine. Little Miss Screech knows how to get tears flowing and checkbooks opening!

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
I have every sympathy for both climate change activists and Uma Thurman.

I have none whatsoever for Greta Thunberg.

She's at risk of turning people away from her cause with her "me, me, me" message.

Reactions: macon and Runa

Zip

Jan 2018
Comancheria
You can't kill the Earth, it doesn't live. You can sure as Hell kill the creatures that live on it though.

Todd Feinman

Ad Honorem
Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
It might be too late already. Take a look at the scientists constantly re-appraising the situation --it's always much worse at the end of the re-appraisal. Just because it's convenient to suggest that there is still time, doesn't mean that there is time. It's not just the environment getting too inhospitable for we destructive humans that are constantly pulling out pieces from the Jenga tower, we live and interact in an unsustainable manner, and we are likely to do ourselves in or react to the situation with war or genocide as things get more dire. Homo Perniciosius.

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
The Permian-Triassic extinction event killed off 95% of all life.

The Earth will recover. Whether we will be around as a species to see it is a different question.

Reactions: macon
Mar 2019
Kansas
The Permian-Triassic extinction event killed off 95% of all life.

The Earth will recover. Whether we will be around as a species to see it is a different question.
The important part is the retention of bio mass. Bio diversity is very easily recovered.

Todd Feinman

Ad Honorem
Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
Surely we can do better for ourselves and the other animals on the planet than compare our actions (a single species), against the huge catastrophes of the past. If we can't even admit it is happening (as many are apparently unable to), then that would be a sad species indeed. Cuz we are "superior" "special", "intelligent" above animals... :zany: I'm okay with Thunberg, too. The kids have to live in this mess -those same kids getting shot in schools here in the US. She should have been twice as loud; she was right about everything she said. Thank god I don't have kids I have to explain to how adults have botched things. "Well honey..." :confused:

Last edited:
Status
Closed