Israel announces new Golan Heights settlement named 'Trump Heights'

Status
Closed

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
There is a good 70% of probability that this thread is going to become merely political with a not exactly constructive contribution by oriented posters who could eventually join it.

So I warn the participants to the discussion that there is a good 70% of probability that this thread will be closed.

Aug 2014
pakistan
There is a good 70% of probability that this thread is going to become merely political with a not exactly constructive contribution by oriented posters who could eventually join it.

So I warn the participants to the discussion that there is a good 70% of probability that this thread will be closed.
Close the Current events section.

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
Close the Current events section.
Actually it would solve the matter of not a few threads which has been closed in this section [statistically the number is significant].

But this is not the point:

I'm not saying that this thread will be close, I'm saying [on the base of a not brief experience] that probably it will be closed. But it's not said. Anyway, being it in the Chamber, such a potentially inflammatory subject will have to be discussed respecting the rules of the Chamber.

The History Chamber is intended to house highly controversial and emotionally charged discussions. In the interest of maintaining civility and emotional anger, the community will always be expected to conduct themselves in a courteous and respectful manner at all times. The following is prohibited throughout the History Chamber, whether you're expressing anger or attempting to incite anger in others, and will be strictly enforced: shouting, swearing, teasing, baiting, sarcasm, ridicule, sardonic humor, ad hominem attacks, etc.
We are free to discuss this.

Aug 2014
pakistan
Actually it would solve the matter of not a few threads which has been closed in this section [statistically the number is significant].

But this is not the point:

I'm not saying that this thread will be close, I'm saying [on the base of a not brief experience] that probably it will be closed. But it's not said. Anyway, being it in the Chamber, such a potentially inflammatory subject will have to be discussed respecting the rules of the Chamber.

We are free to discuss this.
Its inflammatory subject? why there is "Current events" section on this forum if this news piece is bothering you?. And why you are so ominous and prophetic? a recent thread on similar news did not get locked.

Last edited:
Reactions: songtsen
Aug 2014
pakistan
Or better yet, ban people who can't use it properly.
Nope. Remove the Current Events section if there is no place for discussion on current affairs. Instead of threatening me, you should explain to me through forum rules why this news piece is not o.k for this section?

aggienation

Ad Honorem
Jul 2016
USA
Nope. Remove the Current Events section if there is no place for discussion on current affairs. Instead of threatening me, you should explain to me through forum rules why this news piece is not o.k for this section?
The problem isn't the news. Its who is reporting the news.

Status
Closed