Israel announces new Golan Heights settlement named 'Trump Heights'

Status
Closed

aggienation

Ad Honorem
Jul 2016
USA
Yea but what aggienation is saying, does make sense. You are tailing and harassing me all over the forum, with veiled threats of banning me. You did the same on this thread. I was surprised that AlpinLuke is issuing warning when the discussion has not even started, and then you jumped in and gave a veiled threat of banning me. At least Alpinluke was explanatory and respectful, you are straightforward issuing me threats in disrespectful manner.

I will take the matter to senior mods of there are any.
He is the senior mod. And he's focused on you because that's his job.

Feb 2019
Serbia
To actually address the topic at hand, I have to say I found the name pretty funny. I doubt there will be much international reaction as they didn't really do anything significant, they just named a settlement after Trump.

Rodger

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
US
Ok. I'll try to put this thread in perspective. It's not unusual for places and entities to be named for powerful or famous people. It's been done throughout history and I would bet it will continue into the future. I don't see much more to the announcement in the OP.

Aug 2014
pakistan
Has son-in-law of Trump, who is Jewish, any thing to do with love affair of Trump with Israel?

Mar 2019
Kansas
To actually address the topic at hand, I have to say I found the name pretty funny. I doubt there will be much international reaction as they didn't really do anything significant, they just named a settlement after Trump.
Hey could have called it Trump hump ;)

aggienation

Ad Honorem
Jul 2016
USA
Has son-in-law of Trump, who is Jewish, any thing to do with love affair of Trump with Israel?
The previous presidential administration soured US-Israel relations, to the point they were actively working to support Netanyahu's opponent in election (doing exactly what they accused Putin of doing in USA), among other things.

Trump reversed a lot it, friendly rhetoric, supporting against Iran, finally did what numerous POTUS promised but didn't have the guts to do and acknowledged Jerusalem as the capitol, etc.

Reactions: Rodger
Aug 2013
Finland
Naming something after Trump is pushing all the right buttons. It would be a genious plot point for a comedy sketch show, except it's not a show, it's the actual president of the USA..

Mar 2019
KL
the guy's daughter is also a jew now, USA is virtually being run by jewish/zion lobby, same is the case with pakistan as well, an israeli plane landed in pakistan and imran khan is a well know israel lover/his ex wife jemima was also a jew. presently israeli govt has created ISIS/syrian militants which ran havoc in middle east, backed military coup in egypt which has eliminated muslim brotherhood, and got support of saudi arabia, probably had a hand or two in pushing NATO and USA to intervene in gaddafi and libya and create libyan militants as well, so this israeli lobby and govt is much powerful and doing wonders for its nation compared to its predecessors. i will not be surprised if it also had a hand in iraq war and displacing saddam as well.

regards

Reactions: Odaenathus
Status
Closed