Israel announces new Golan Heights settlement named 'Trump Heights'

Status
Closed
Jun 2017
Connecticut
I mean this topic is inherently inflammatory. It's talking about a human rights issue in Israeli settlements combined with a provocative name. Not all current events story's are as inherently going to dissolve into issues but hard to see this not going that route.

Aug 2014
pakistan
By the way why Golan heights are described as "illegally occupied territory" when Israel has conquered it during a war?

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
Yea but what aggienation is saying, does make sense. You are tailing and harassing me all over the forum, with veiled threats of banning me. You did the same on this thread. I was surprised that AlpinLuke is issuing warning when the discussion has not even started, and then you jumped in and gave a veiled threat of banning me. At least Alpinluke was explanatory and respectful, you are straightforward issuing me threats in disrespectful manner.

I will take the matter to senior mods of there are any.
I'm going to be explanatory and respectful also in this case. There is a great difference between a warning and an action. To overreact in case of a warning is not the best behavior ever. But [and this is worse] here you're acting like a player who criticizes a referee on the playground. You cannot do this.

This time [the last one] I'm going to be really clear: the discussion can go on, why not? But if you wish to be part of it ... you have to respect the authority of the referees.

Reactions: Azad67

kandal

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
USA
By the way why Golan heights are described as "illegally occupied territory" when Israel has conquered it during a war?
Not sure about that. Syria attacked and tried to conquer Israel in 1967, but lost the war and lost Golan heights. Israel didn't attack Syria. Syria had been using the Golan height's higher elevation to shoot and harass Israelis down below across thee border. For these reasons Golan heights rightfully belongs to Israel.

Aug 2014
pakistan
I'm going to be explanatory and respectful also in this case. There is a great difference between a warning and an action. To overreact in case of a warning is not the best behavior ever. But [and this is worse] here you're acting like a player who criticizes a referee on the playground. You cannot do this.

This time [the last one] I'm going to be really clear: the discussion can go on, why not? But if you wish to be part of it ... you have to respect the authority of the referees.
I respect you for explaining the rules to me in kind and respectful manner, and i assure you i will keep your warning in my mind when creating threads in future. Regards.

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
I respect you for explaining the rules to me in kind and respectful manner, and i assure you i will keep your warning in my mind when creating threads in future. Regards.
Thanks for your cooperation.

Reactions: Azad67
Status
Closed