Israel & Poland jointly condemn Anti-Polonism & Anti-Semitism

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Yes, Polish governments were great allies of Zionists and even included Zionists, because of course Jews were represented in political parties in Poland. Inter-War Poland was overpopulated, especially the countryside (not enough arable land per each peasant family) and Jewish shtetls.

Both ethnic Poles and Polish Jews needed more "Lebensraum" - more so than Germans, who already had below-replacement fertility in the 1930s. In fact in 1930s Germany there was "Landflucht" and German countryside was underpopulated, they had shortages of agricultural labour.
Agreed that Nazi Germany's Lebensraum problem was more imaginary than real.

Also, what about having Poland get some Lebensraum in the Baltic countries? I mean, they wouldn't have even had to give up their independence; rather, a loose Intermarium union could have been enough for this.

Apr 2017
United Kingdom
Personally although I admit that BOTH(if not ALL) types of prejudice need to be unequivocally condemned, I am rather cynical about the concept of "anti-Semitism" peddled by the current Israeli government(and its media allies in Britain and the US).
I have a joke that runs like this: "anti-semitism/anti-semite" :(a) persistent Gentile critic of Israeli policy esp towards Palestinians (b) person who dislikes Jews as a group based on racist grounds. If of course the given critic is a Jew him or herself, the same applies for definition (a). A classic case of "heads I win, tails you lose!"

Terry

JoanOfArc007

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
USA
A country can have wealth, educational centers but can also practice inequality. There have been Saudi Astronauts, Israeli scholars and so and so fourth. Israel reminds of Saudi Arabia, both are US allies both are home to American people.

Israel is not a western democracy. Israel has different civil laws compared to the USA and UK. That is not to say that a Theocratic state can practice freedom, it can and it has in history. A Jewish, Christian or Muslim state can be just as free as a secular state, it all comes down to interpretation.

As for this claim that Israel was largely founded by majority European Jews, well some Zionists of today disagree with this view, they say there were far more middle eastern Jews already residing in the Holy Land before 1948. Either way, it doesn't matter....its 2018 and currently Israel and most of the middle east simply does not have the same freedoms or prosperous values as America and the UK does. The governments of the middle east are not well educated in large part, some of these officials are corrupt and are in power due to favoritism or because they uphold bigotry supported by minorities of the middle east holding down the majority. This is undeniable just look at the fact that Jewish and Muslim men and women of the various Gov of middle east are the ones proving unequal laws. Its something that time will solve. The USA and UK had their issues with civil rights, now its the middle east.

antocya

Ad Honorem
May 2012
Iraq
Israel actually reminds me of how Pakistan was considered a homeland for south Asian Muslims but not really with a religious government.

janusdviveidis

Ad Honorem
Mar 2014
Lithuania
Agreed that Nazi Germany's Lebensraum problem was more imaginary than real.

Also, what about having Poland get some Lebensraum in the Baltic countries? I mean, they wouldn't have even had to give up their independence; rather, a loose Intermarium union could have been enough for this.
They tried and even got some (Vilnius region), but that would mean very long and bitter war. Poland had power to take at least Lithuania first, but could they maintain their hold for 20 year long guerrilla war? Soviets had a power and will and they had to fight partisans in Lithuanian almost 20 years after end of WW2. Relations between Poland and Lithuania is still horrible. People in the street could be even more hostile than our politicians.

There was no chance for any type of loose union. Lithuanians were so enraged, that they actually cut railroad lines to Poland. (Even though that probably hurt Lithuania more)

Last edited:

Decembrist

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
the Nile to the Euphrates
Here are the flaws of that video, It mentions Jews (people of a religion)
and Arabs (people of the Arabian Peninsula) and no mention of native Palestinians,
Being Jewish is a matter of ethnicity as well. First and foremost.

Palestinians are not Arab, they are kin with Syrians and Lebanese.
They disagree:

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Polonophobia is another name.

Yes, Polish governments were great allies of Zionists and even included Zionists, because of course Jews were represented in political parties in Poland. Inter-War Poland was overpopulated, especially the countryside (not enough arable land per each peasant family) and Jewish shtetls.

Both ethnic Poles and Polish Jews needed more "Lebensraum" - more so than Germans, who already had below-replacement fertility in the 1930s. In fact in 1930s Germany there was "Landflucht" and German countryside was underpopulated, they had shortages of agricultural labour.
Out of curiosity--where do you think that ethnic Poles should have acquired Lebensraum? I mean, they acquired a good amount of it as a result of the post-WWII expulsions of ethnic Germans, but what about if there would have been no WWII? In such a case, where should ethnic Poles have acquired Lebensraum?