Japanese victory at Midway

May 2008
What do you think would have happened if the japanese had won the battles at Midway and Coral Sea

galteeman

Ad Honorem
Apr 2008
Sodom and Begorrah
the us would have changed up a gear, allocated more resources, learned a few lessons and won in the end anyway.

Jun 2008
United Kingdom
The Pacific War would have been so hard for the Japanese to win that I don't see a Midway victory affecting things much.

Apr 2008
The Netherlands
It would've only postphoned things, The U.S. production output was becoming at full gear and Japanese naval/airforce production output wasn't able to compete by no means at all.

Jul 2008
Denmark
Since the Japanese civillians only got to know about the Midway-battle, and the outcome of it, AFTER the war. So taken from that fact, I guess the civil life wouldn't believe either more nor less on a Japanese victory.

Though, the Japanese military might have been more 'empowered' if they had actually won at Midway. But of course, it wouldn't have lasted long, for the losses of even 1 warship was a terrible thing for The Empire of Japan, since, as we know now, they didn't have much of an actual production of warships after (help me here someone?:eek:), 1943? 44? - So there wouldn't be much left of the Japanese naval fleet anyways, and so on goes the war, and Japan are loosing more and more troops by 'protecting' their investments at the various islands, just like the history it is.

So, for those who haven't got eyes for reading all that text, summed up: No, Japan would only have a small, maybe optimistic hope for winning the war, but all in all they would have been beaten by USA's almost unlimited production of troops and warships :)

May 2008
What do you think would have happened if the japanese had won the battles at Midway and Coral Sea
The US would have still won, with superior production power and military strengh, but I the decision to drop the atomic bombs would have been made sooner, perhaps even more bombs would be dropped to insure uncondicional surrender.

Jul 2008
Denmark
The US would have still won, with superior production power and military strengh, but I the decision to drop the atomic bombs would have been made sooner, perhaps even more bombs would be dropped to insure uncondicional surrender.

That is my feared theory as well. Though, maybe even a bomb at Tokyo or Kyoto itself? I mean, at the time, if Midway was won by Japan, US might have been a bit more desperate looking forward, since the war was starting to come into a phase of long timeline, or?