Jesus Christ as Ethiopian propaganda ?

robto

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
Hitchens and Dawkins fans believe that Jesus and Christianity were an invention of the ancient Romans...How can they explain the fact that in Ethiopia they worship Jesus since 1 century A.D ?
Well, Christianity as a religion is indeed mostly a roman/greek religion.

Jax

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
Seattle
This is a curious alternative I have never heared about. Why did they need such an invention? They had their Solomon tradition to sustain their original Judaist roots ... [and the Ark of the Covenant at Axum. Not bad as relice!].
He's just trying to show (again) that Ethiopians were Christians in the first century.

People keep correcting him but he keeps trying.

Jax

Ad Honorem
Aug 2013
Seattle
Christianity in Ethiopia dates to the 1st century AD, arguably the first nation in the world to accept Christianity (the other nation to debate this being Armenia
Sorry. This is just plain wrong. Christianity came to Ethiopia in the forth century. This fact is not going to change no matter how many times that you claim (without support of any kind) that 1st century Ethiopians were Christian.

The same goes for Armenia.

:persevere:

Jul 2016
Europe/Switzerland/Ticino
He's just trying to show (again) that Ethiopians were Christians in the first century.

People keep correcting him but he keeps trying.
All you know ( and not properly understood ) about Christianity comes from the first 3 o 4 lines of Wikipedia..

Have you ever thought to become an ASATRU- JUPITER- ZEUS- ANIMIST worshiper ?

I feel that you like Marvel Comics..

Last edited:
Jul 2016
'Did Jesus Exist?' A Historian Makes His Case : NPR

Ehrman says there is a large contingent of people claiming that Jesus never did exist. These people are also known as mythicists.
"It was a surprise to me to see how influential these mythicists are," Ehrman says. "Historically, they've been significant and in the Soviet Union, in fact, the mythicist view was the dominant view, and even today, in some in parts of Scandinavia — it is a dominant view that Jesus never existed," he says.

Oh.... So Young teenager Scandinavian nazi-kids don't like Jesus because he was Jewish and semitic and so, as reaction, they think Jesus never existed..

Do Young nazi KIDS of Scandinavia know that they could abstain from writing in LATIN ALPHABET ( invented by Semitic people of middle east... the craddle of civilization.. or the Young nazi kids believe that the craddle of civilization is in ICELAND ? ) or using INDIAN-ARABIC NUMBERS ? If the don't like any connection with middle east they should be honest enough to reject everything originating from middle east.. alphabet... arabic-indian number- first society- first civilization and bla bla bla..

Only few people are nazi in Scandinavia.. many people in northeurope are fine and great.

Last edited:

janusdviveidis

Ad Honorem
Mar 2014
Lithuania
Questioning existence of Jesus is normal historical research. There are very few non Christian primary sources, that mention Jesus, some of them seem to be adjusted by Christian scribes. I see no reason for rage because of that.

Jul 2016
Questioning existence of Jesus is normal historical research. There are very few non Christian primary sources, that mention Jesus, some of them seem to be adjusted by Christian scribes. I see no reason for rage because of that.

Only one non- Christian source is enough.

I and most of the SCHOLARS ( Atheist or non-Christian ) consider Saint Paul letters and so on..as a source..

Last edited:

janusdviveidis

Ad Honorem
Mar 2014
Lithuania
Only one non- Christian source is enough.

I and most the SCHOLARS ( Atheist or non-Christian ) consider Saint Paul letters and so on..as a source..
One source might be enough for you, but not for everyone. Saint Paul actually the only contemporary who gives significant amount of information. The rest only mention him as part or founder of new religion. Few sentences, that is it. I personally find it at least strange. It shows, that in his lifetime Jesus wasn't big deal in Roman empire. Just one more Jewish preacher.

Jul 2016
One source might be enough for you, but not for everyone. Saint Paul actually the only contemporary who gives significant amount of information. The rest only mention him as part or founder of new religion. Few sentences, that is it. I personally find it at least strange. It shows, that in his lifetime Jesus wasn't big deal in Roman empire. Just one more Jewish preacher.

I think that for you neither a video nor a picture (Apple device ) of Jesus would be considered historical source.

Saint Peter was contemporary of Jesus and he wrote something about Jesus.

Last edited:

ameteurhistorian

Ad Honorem
Dec 2015
USA
I think that for you neither a video nor a picture (Apple device ) of Jesus would be considered historical source.

Saint Peter was contemporary of Jesus and he wrote something about Jesus.
Wrote what specifically? Even then, there's still a dearth of extra/non-Christian sources on Jesus. Josephus has shown to be something of either a forgery or a mistranslation, and Tacitus has been criticized as well. It's likely that the Jesus Christians, and to a lesser extent, Muslims, believe in isn't the real Jesus that existed.