John Johnson

Aug 2018
Southern Indiana
You are all probably familiar with the movie Jeremiah Johnson and some of you have probably read Crow Killer. I know that most of the stories are exaggerated at the very least, but he was real. I've read several books lately on Mountain Men, Jim Bridger, the fur trade and the Rendezvous and Johnson is never mentioned. Numerous mountain men are named and significant events at the Rendezvous were somewhat documented, but I want to know, did he ever meet Bridger? Did he attend the rendezvous?

Aug 2015
Idaho
What little I know about him is that he wasn't a trapper until after the Rendezvous period of 1825 -1840.
I know more about Bridger and have never seen his name mentioned. I think it was just before his time and he didn't do a great deal of trapping anyway.

Aug 2018
Southern Indiana
What little I know about him is that he wasn't a trapper until after the Rendezvous period of 1825 -1840.
I know more about Bridger and have never seen his name mentioned. I think it was just before his time and he didn't do a great deal of trapping anyway.
That's kind of what I was presuming, thanks.

Aug 2015
Idaho
Right now I am reading A Life Wild and Perilous by Robert Utley, which is a pretty good read. But I am interested in reading about the Hudson Bay trappers near Fort Boise, do you know of any good books about them?