Julian Assange arrested

Sep 2011
Why would you expect them to be the solution in the first place?
I don't, but because THEY themselves broke onto the scene with claims of being the champions of internet freedom that would be that.

As conceived by a community of tech-savvy hackers with a horn in the side of formal authority, government in general, while in fact being dangerously politically naive for the most part.

Jan 2011
Tomar, sometimes it's useful to fact check the fact checkers.

What I found (on NBC’s Noreen O’Donnell, for example) is (quote):
"... Gina Haspel, is a career officer who ran a secret prison in Thailand, where suspected terrorists were waterboarded after the September 11th attacks. [...]
briefly was in charge of the prison, or CIA black site, where accused terrorist Abd al Rahim al-Nashiri was waterboarded in 2002, The Associated Press has reported.
[...]
(end of quote- source: Trump's CIA Pick Ran Prison Where Suspects Were Waterboarded

I looked a bit around on the three mentioned (The New York Times’ Adam Goldman, NBC’s Noreen O’Donnell and AP’s Deb Riechmann) and I didn't found them stating that Gina Haspel would have had waterboarded anyone.

Do You have a link for that?
And Your quotes, are coming from?

Thank You.
1. All the links were provided

2. You can easily google Adam Goldman Gina Haspel and find for example this

Gina Haspel - Wikipedia

In late October 2002, Haspel became a chief of base for a "black site" CIA torture prison located in Thailand.[31][32] She worked at a site that was codenamed "Cat's Eye", which would later become known as the place where suspected al Qaeda terroristmembers Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri and Abu Zubaydah were detained and tortured with waterboarding.[25][33] In early February 2017, The New York Times and ProPublica reported that these waterboardings were both conducted under Haspel.[34][35] In March 2018, U.S. officials said that Haspel was not involved in the torture of Zubaydah, as she only became chief of base after Zubaydah was tortured

Oct 2011
Lago Maggiore, Italy
Not only... It can also be individuals who are witness to unethical actions and have no other way to address them

In several countries for example there are hotlines allowing to ANONYMOUSLY denounce certain things... Do you consider these to be wrong ?

Also, the Mafia and terrorists actually do hide what they want to do....

As to your green questions you might as well ask "what is the percentage of news where the media talks about trains that arrive on time ?"... If one is denouncing corruption or other government failures one is not going to talk about cases where there is no corruption (because no corruption should be the norm)
So you are admitting that Wikileaks cannot be impartial ... why should we trust it?

Oct 2011
Lago Maggiore, Italy
The matter of fact that Wikileaks cannot be impartial [and so credible] is the reason why governments are not doing that much to close that site.

For example, there are environments where Wikileaks is considered aligned with government: Ufology. Wikileaks seems to sustain that UFOs are an invention of US military commands to cover the development of new planes [stealth planes].

Not a few Ufologists think that Wikileaks is an issue of US government ...

[I know this since I'm a former investigative Ufologist still in contact with that environment].

P.S. if you add that the documents on Wikileaks don't seem to support the "reality" of the flat earth ... it's clear that Wikileaks in an invention of NSA!

Oct 2013
Europix
1. All the links were provided

2. You can easily google Adam Goldman Gina Haspel and find for example this

Gina Haspel - Wikipedia

In late October 2002, Haspel became a chief of base for a "black site" CIA torture prison located in Thailand.[31][32] She worked at a site that was codenamed "Cat's Eye", which would later become known as the place where suspected al Qaeda terroristmembers Abd al-Rahim al-Nashiri and Abu Zubaydah were detained and tortured with waterboarding.[25][33] In early February 2017, The New York Times and ProPublica reported that these waterboardings were both conducted under Haspel.[34][35] In March 2018, U.S. officials said that Haspel was not involved in the torture of Zubaydah, as she only became chief of base after Zubaydah was tortured

Not exactly, tomar,.and You didn't answered the question.

Your quote said: "Haspel, had waterboarded a particular Islamic extremist terrorist dozens of time at a secret prison"

Times said she was in charge, running, the facility, or how You name it.

Doing something or something being done by others is not the same thing.

did You fact checked the fact checker?

Jan 2011
Not exactly, tomar,.and You didn't answered the question.

Your quote said: "Haspel, had waterboarded a particular Islamic extremist terrorist dozens of time at a secret prison"

Times said she was in charge, running, the facility, or how You name it.

Doing something or something being done by others is not the same thing.

did You fact checked the fact checker?
In any case the NYT was wrong and admitted it... And no the point is not to check the fact checkers of the fact checkers of the fact checkers ad infinitum......

Oct 2013
Europix
In any case the NYT was wrong and admitted it...
Should be the norm ...

And no the point is not to check the fact checkers of the fact checkers of the fact checkers ad infinitum......
No, ofcourse it isn't.

But a bit of circumspection never hurts: "78 Media Mistakes in the Trump Era: The Definitive List". ... "Definitive list" ?!? Sorry, but for me, such a title makes "tilt-tilt" in my head and triggers an urge to check. And ofcourse, the definitive list is a bit doctored.

But besides that, thank You for the link.

Similar History Discussions