Julian Assange arrested

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
IIRC, Manning is currently jailed for contempt for refusing to testify before a grand jury. The connection(s) between Manning and Wikileaks, and how that all fits in with the US interest in Mr. Assange is not that clear to all of us not sitting on grand juries. The whole Mueller-Barr; Wikileaks; Guccifer/GRU entanglement has always been soft around the edges.

I am not into conspiracies, but we are unlikely to find out much about all this because of the counterintelligence implications. Maybe Carlson and Hannity will tell us about it. They think they know everything, and they are the source of POTUS's gut feelings. :lol:
Ok, I looked into an English idioms dictionary, so I've got what You meant.
Tucker Carlson is a bit of a boob. Hannity is so full of himself he might explode any day now.

pikeshot1600

Ad Honorem
Jul 2009
Tucker Carlson is a bit of a boob. Hannity is so full of himself he might explode any day now.
And those two, along with Lou Dobbs, are providing their 'expert advice' to the President of the United States. Who needs generals and diplomats as advisers when there is FAUX News? The alternative reality TV show continues.

Linschoten

Ad Honoris
Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
Well I suppose he should sought expert advice from CNN and MSNBC instead, but they were too busy telling everyone how he had been colluding with Russia to have time to talk to him.

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
First the NYT has dubious credibility, along the same lines as CNN
Ah yes, are you visiting from an “alternate universe” perhaps?

Second I am really confused as to this negativity re Wikileaks.... How exactly would the world be a better place without it ? Why is it being held to higher standards than media giants such as CNN that have access to billions of dollars and support from the rich and poweful whilst wikileaks is run on a shoestring budget by a few enthusiasts who actually put their well being on the line as was amply demonstrated
I don’t think there is a great deal of agreement regarding the truthfulness of Wikileaks. We disagree.

Third, the US threatens other governments on a daily basis... is the US a criminal enterprise according to the same logic ?
Is Wikileaks an”other” government? The US is not a criminal enterprise (at least not two years ago); it looks after its national interests and sometimes those interests change.

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
Don't forget the word 'mask', all that talk of democracy, human rights, and 'universal values'. At least we agree that this has always been a deception. In the stage when this guise is finally dropping, we can already talk about the start of the terminal decline of the Anglo-American Empire.
A little skepticism is a good thing; too much, not so much. It’s fine if you think the American “Empire” is declining, but pardon me if I don’t agree. Maybe you can give us a summary of your evidence that would illustrate this.

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
CNN and Fox stand at both wings of a very partisan media
Rachel Maddow is a joke while tucker Carlson interview democrat candidate Tulsi Gabbard
a committed supporter of Bernie Sanders during the 2016 campaign

Last edited:

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
I wonder how much he's cost the Ecuadorian taxpayer?
Not much: a room, maybe 2; access to a shower and restroom; embassy Labor & time (all of which are already there, bought & paid for; so nothing ;’extra’; 3 meals a day for 7 years, not a small sum.