Julian Assange arrested

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
CNN and Fox stand at both wings of a very partisan media
Rachel Maddow is a joke while tucker Carlson interview democrat candidate Tulsi Gabbard
a committed supporter of Bernie Sanders
Rachel Maddow is not a joke. What do you know about her? Tucker Carlson, however, is a complete idiot and nonentity.

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
Your opinion , which I respect , if disagree with
I've watched Rachel Maddow clips often enough , she has a Russia fixation bordering on the rabid
Tucker Carlson is quite intelligent and doesn't stick to one party line

Mar 2019
Kansas
I've watched Rachel Maddow clips often enough , she has a Russia fixation bordering on the rabid
Well given she does not even work for CNN it kinda blows a hole in your whole argument.

tomar

Ad Honoris
Jan 2011
Ah yes, are you visiting from an “alternate universe” perhaps?

I don’t think there is a great deal of agreement regarding the truthfulness of Wikileaks. We disagree.

Is Wikileaks an”other” government? The US is not a criminal enterprise (at least not two years ago); it looks after its national interests and sometimes those interests change.
1. As soon as one criticizes the established media, one is subject to not so subtle ad hominem attacks

You could have at least read the relevant posts
Julian Assange arrested
and if in disagreement provided some evidence of the NYT's reliability....

2. That was Not the point... Please prove how the world would be a better place without Wikileaks (that was the original point)

3. Is Wikileaks a "criminal enterprise" ... Again do bother to read the original posts before making replies

Linschoten

Ad Honoris
Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
You've just stumbled up against the mad partisanship of current American politics, in which for people who come from one side of the divide Tucker Carlson must necessarily be a complete idiot, and anyone who questions whether the NYT and CNN are consistently reliable must be visiting from alternate universe. Those of us who look in from outside, by contrast, tend to regard the USA itself as an alternate universe where people seem unable to recognize that there is quite as much political hackery in the left wing media as that of the right, and where it seems impossible for people from one side of the divide to recognize that a political commentator may be cogent and intelligent if they doesn't share his political views!

Mar 2019
Kansas
You've just stumbled up against the mad partisanship of current American politics, in which for people who come from one side of the divide Tucker Carlson must necessarily be a complete idiot, and anyone who questions whether the NYT and CNN are consistently reliable must be visiting from alternate universe. Those of us who look in from outside, by contrast, tend to regard the USA itself as an alternate universe where people seem unable to recognize that there is quite as much political hackery in the left wing media as that of the right, and where it seems impossible for people from one side of the divide to recognize that a political commentator may be cogent and intelligent if they doesn't share his political views!
I am a strong believer this is in part driven by the 24 hour news channels themselves. After some news item, such as a Presidential policy speech. They organize panels that more often than not are reduced into combative shouting matches. Another element is the attitude of supporters of each side. At times it is like watching European Ultras discussing their various sports teams rather than a group people trying to guide a country.

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
OK, that’s your opinion and that’s cool. Rachel Maddow was a Rhodes Scholar. She would have become Marshall Scholar but turned that down in favor of the Rhodes Scolarship. Maddow is gay and seems to wear it well without undue controversy. She is anything but the lightweight you apparently believe she is. Tucker Carlson is a fool.

Linschoten

Ad Honoris
Aug 2010
Welsh Marches
Maddow is of course so clever that she got it entirely right on the Trump Russian collusion issue while the idiotic Carlson got it entirely wrong! You're evidently just judging them in terms of your own political views.

Edratman

Forum Staff
Feb 2009
Eastern PA
Sweden just announced that it is reopening the rape accusation attributing the action to a request by the victims lawyer.

This is difficult to read. Is it just the wheels of justice or are there political motivations behind the activity? As usual, time may tell.

Swedish prosecutors have reopened an investigation into a rape allegation made against Wikileaks co-founder Julian Assange in 2010.

The inquiry has been revived at the request of the alleged victim's lawyer.

Assange, who denies the charges, has avoided extradition to Sweden for seven years after seeking refuge at the Ecuadorean embassy in London in 2012.

The 47-year-old was evicted last month and sentenced to 50 weeks in jail for breaching his bail conditions.

Swedish prosecutors originally decided to drop the rape investigation two years ago, saying they felt unable to take the case forward while Assange remained holed up inside the Ecuadorean embassy.

But on Monday, Sweden's deputy director of public prosecutions, Eva-Marie Persson, announced that the case would be reopened. "There is still probable cause to suspect that Mr Assange committed rape," she said.

"Now that he has left Ecuador's embassy, the conditions in the case have changed and... the conditions are in place once again to pursue the case," she added.