Just Ancient Egypt

AlpinLuke

Ad Honoris
Oct 2011
Lago Maggiore, Italy
Thanks for the links Hanslune, they add some much needed context to the report I linked to.

But now, having visited Hancock’s site, I have to go wash my eyes!
Hancock is an authority in the field of alternative history [I do remember his works about Giza and other sites around the world ... and on Mars ...]. In the 90's he was gaining a lot of kudos. Probably with the new millennium and nothing happening [he gave the impression to be waiting for the impact of an asteroid on Earth ...], he has lost a bit of enthusiasm ... and of kudos.

AlpinLuke

Ad Honoris
Oct 2011
Lago Maggiore, Italy
A cultural light note: have you ever wondered how modern Egyptians imagine their ancient Queens?

I have found a copyright free picture on the net ... she's wearing a vulture headdress [even if it can look like a turkey ...], a golden crown.

The reconstruction is not exceptional, but it gives an idea of what you would have seen meeting Sitamun or Nefertari in the Royal Palace [not in a particular official occasion, that "crown" was a bit poor ...].

vulture.JPG

Jun 2016
Oregon
A common reaction to that place! I go only rarely and then limit my stay. Lol, however there are a number of skeptics doing good work - they deserve metals for servitude and having a high tolerance to nonsense.

Feb 2016
UK
AlpinLuke wrote:

<< have you ever wondered how modern Egyptians imagine their ancient Queens?

I have found a copyright free picture on the net .. >>

They had white satin in ancient Egypt ??

Satin, of course is a type of weave, if you're not jesting with your question. In its earliest forms, it was woven with silk threads. Egyptian finery was mostly woven from flax, or linen, which could be extremely luxuriant. I do not think they had developed a satin weave. There are some reports that silk was present in AE as early as 1000 BC, imported by way of Persia.

Last edited:
Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
I'd always thought of AE apparel as being linen. I had never thought of silk or satin.
When the Swedish Anceient Textiles Institute created reproducttions for the show "Tut's Wardrobe" they could apparently only find one place in Italy that wove linen as fine as some of the specimens in Tut's tomb.

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
Two announcements promised, but it seems there will be three. This is the first, and unexpected one about animal tombs at Saqqara, primarily of cats, but also well preserved scarab beetles and snakes in their own "rearing snake" coffins. A bronze statue of Bastet was also found, not as good as the Geyer-Anderson cat, but not a bad piece. The photo of Bastet in the article is small and not clear so I found a better one. Apart from the announcement that there are other discovered but so far unopened tombs in this part of Saqqara, a further two announcements of other discoveries from two un-named Egyptian governates are promised for the end of the year. Seven new tomb discoveries in Saqqara: Egypt's minister of Antiquities - Ancient Egypt - Heritage - Ahram Online

The statue of Bastet they found. Still not a great image, but a winged Khepry can be just about seen on it's chest, which makes it Bastet and not just a moggy.

Similar History Discussions