Just Ancient Egypt

John B

Ad Honorem
Mar 2016
Canada
So I guess that the possibility of there being a filled in corridor between KV62 and location "X" is very slim, but at least it looks like there is something there, which is a straw to grasp hold of, and we know there is "stuff" out there to be found.

A rhetorical question. The fringe hate reality and Egyptology, and indeed anybody who actually "knows stuff", yet their fantasies are very often diametrically opposed to each other, for instance G1 cannot have been both a "seed vault" and a "power plant", and other fantastical pyramidiotological nonsensical madness, yet why do they NEVER attack each other, only reality and common sense. If they are asked this directly, the answer is usually an invective laced red faced foaming at the mouth rant.
It could also be a foundation deposit or mummification material cachet as found earlier. It would take the Egyptian Government with a lot of will and funding to strip the whole area to the bedrock.

Cranks have conversions too. Where they sell crap to each other. LOL

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
Last night I watched a new documentary "Secret's of Egypt's Valley of the Kings". One section showed Egyptologist Aliaa Ismail discussing scans of the walls of KV62. Not the scans to find voids, but to look underneath the paint. It's under the control of Factum Arte at Luxor, but this is something different to the HD photos they made of KV62 in order for a duplicate tomb to be created. Very briefly on screen Ismail held up a laptop and pointed to one of the results, seen in the photo below. This shows the head of Tutankhamun wearing a wig were he is depicted on the North wall facing Nut. At the top left, the bottom part of the cartouche with his throne name can be seen. I don't see anything unusual with his head and it is clear that it has not been painted over another image. While the image of the cartouche is not complete or very clear, I don't see that being painted over, or altered from another name. Obviously from a screen shot like this we cannot make bold statements, unless about Tutankhamun's haplogroup :oops: it will be interesting to see the results showing all the cartouches very clearly. This should then answer the question about whether the KV62 wall scenes originally showed Tutankhaten performing the opening of the mouth ceremony on Ankhkheperure Neferneferuaten. From the little I've seen so far, and against the result that I would like, it seems that these scenes were infact orgininally painted to depict the burial of Tutankhamun by Ay.

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
Indeed, I myself in fact thought I discerned an unusual raised area containing the words, in hieroglyphs, "Press here to open secret chamber", but I'm not keeping my fingers crossed on that one....

AlpinLuke

Ad Honoris
Oct 2011
Lago Maggiore, Italy
It would demonstrate that the tomb had adorned for Tut ... actually the idea that they used a burial site excavated for someone else [probably a queen or a noble woman] and then they decorated and modified it [they had to modify a wall to make the sarcophagus enter, so it's improbably they projected that little tomb for the Monarch] is not new.

This would make it impossible to guess who was the person intended to be buried there in a first time, but this would be reality.