Just Ancient Egypt

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
Are you aware that a good part of the German school of Egyptology thinks that it wasn't Khafre to build the Sphinx, but Khufu?

A part eventual German preferences, there is an argument of the ceremonial ways. It seems they avoid something already existing [the Sphinx].

I've got the time to study a detailed map, but if this is true ... Khafre didn't build the Sphinx.

John B

Ad Honorem
Mar 2016
Canada
Has anyone heard anything on Zahi's dig in the West Valley as of late? There was all this hype on Tut's wife for a bit.

Corvidius

Ad Honorem
Jul 2017
Crows nest
Nothing. I think the focus is now on the area of KV62 due to the good scan results.

Unconnected, but involving ancient Egyptian antiquities, is the death of Mohamed Morsi. I mention this because of some disingenuous reporting in the MSM. I'm not commenting on the details, but remembering the guard at the Mallawi Museum in Minya Governate who was killed by a mob of Morsi supporters who, on August 14th 2013, a few weeks after Morsi had been deposed, stormed the museum. Storming is the correct word as, apart from killing the guard, did a lot of damage, including burning the mummies stored there. Of course they also stole valuable items, but the museum was stormed by Muslim Brotherhood Morsi supporters for religious and political reasons. The climate for this to occur in Minya was helped by Morsi having appointed a Muslim Brotherhood governor. The governor was subsequently arrested and sent to prison, though not in direct connection for the storming of the museum. The governor of Luxor at the time of Morsi was also a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, and appointed by Morsi. The 1997 Luxor massacre was carried out by Muslim Brotherhood offshoot al-Jama'a al-Islamiyya. What is left of Ancient Egypt was not safe with Morsi and his supporters, and will never be safe while they have any chance of regaining power.

Last edited:

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
Has anyone heard anything on Zahi's dig in the West Valley as of late? There was all this hype on Tut's wife for a bit.
It was Nat Geo Italia [Italy] to announce that good old Zahi was near to find the tomb of Ankhesenamun. But as for I know Hawass said that he wasn't sure at all that it was the tomb of Tut's Great Royal Wife.

John B

Ad Honorem
Mar 2016
Canada
Nothing. I think the focus is now on the area of KV62 due to the good scan results.

Unconnected, but involving ancient Egyptian antiquities, is the death of Mohamed Morsi. I mention this because of some disingenuous reporting in the MSM. I'm not commenting on the details, but remembering the guard at the Mallawi Museum in Minya Governate who was killed by a mob of Morsi supporters who, on August 14th 2013, a few weeks after Morsi had been deposed, stormed the museum. Storming is the correct word as, apart from killing the guard, did a lot of damage, including burning the mummies stored there. Of course they also stole valuable items, but the museum was stormed by Muslim Brotherhood Morsi supporters for religious and political reasons. The climate for this to occur in Minya was helped by Morsi having appointed a Muslim Brotherhood governor. The governor was subsequently arrested and sent to prison, though not in direct connection for the storming of the museum. The governor of Luxor at the time of Morsi was also a member of the Muslim Brotherhood, and appointed by Morsi. The 1997 Luxor massacre was carried out by Muslim Brotherhood offshoot al-Jama'a al-Islamiyya. What is left of Ancient Egypt was not safe with Morsi and his supporters, and will never be safe while they have any chance of regaining power.
Right now they have an ISIS issue. Maybe Egypt will execute all these idiots they sentenced to death and we will be rid of them.