Just Ancient Egypt

Apr 2019
UK
Very little information about those mummies - no statement to say if they are even Pharonic, or exactly where they were located. I think if they were of significance Hawass would have them as the lead item. Any idea what the ring bezel has written on it?

John B

Ad Honorem
Mar 2016
Canada
Very little information about those mummies - no statement to say if they are even Pharonic, or exactly where they were located. I think if they were of significance Hawass would have them as the lead item. Any idea what the ring bezel has written on it?
Nothing much else I can find. However one of the sponsors is NG and some media types. In my opinion the details may come out in this format.

John B

Ad Honorem
Mar 2016
Canada
I extracted the text below from the previous article I posted earlier. The purpose to deconstruct it.

What I hope they can determine is if this was a permanant extension of the workers village used as a long term workplace. Or was it in place to support only the construction of one tomb.

the artifact marked "The Lord of Two Land" strongly implies use in a singular royal tombs. However is it marked without a name to denote the tool is property of the ruyal household.

As a note there has yet to be any pictures or video on any of the finds or the project in general. The Italian mission in the West Valley is also under Zahi. So far it seems that Zahi is the Lord of all things KV and WV. Two years ago funding was being provided by NG, Discovery, and may include others. So more may come of this on the "National Geographic" page. I also note that this is the start of the excavation season and this may be material from the previous season. There is a lot of local politics in this arena.

" One of the most important discoveries was a vast complex of workshops found in the western section of the Valley of the Kings, near the ancient city of Luxor. The complex includes workshops used to color pottery, manufacture furniture and clean gold, team leader Zahi Hawass, a former Egyptian minister of antiquities, said at the news conference.
Near the workshop complex, archaeologists found an area 16 feet (5 meters) long that was dug into the valley and that may have been used as a cachette (a place to store items), Hawass said. This site yielded the remains of numerous items, including remnants of onions, figs, linen, rope and bits of material left over from mummification. Archaeologists also uncovered a piece of wood that is about 3 feet (0.9 m) long that looks like a two-pronged fork. A hieroglyphic inscription on it says "lord of the two lands." This unusual artifact may have been used like a dolly or forklift "to hold furniture to put it inside the tomb," Hawass said. "