Just Ancient Egypt

Jun 2018
New Hampshire
I don't know too much about ancient Egypt unfortunately, so I haven't posted on this thread. But I am interested in the subject, and I do read this thread from time to time. I always enjoying learning from you, and keep up the good work guys.

Todd Feinman

Ad Honorem
Oct 2013
Planet Nine, Oregon
Rather interesting paper. The cone issue was always taken for granted.
I don't think they were primarily for unguents, but perhaps they instead symbolically represented the Benben stone; they may have been annointed woth perfumes, but perhaps they were the symbolic precursors to yarmulkas, etc.

John B

Ad Honorem
Mar 2016
Canada
I don't think they were primarily for unguents, but perhaps they instead symbolically represented the Benben stone; they may have been annointed woth perfumes, but perhaps they were the symbolic precursors to yarmulkas, etc.
With all the dualities and pluralities of meaning in AE culture and religion nothing would supersize me. Even as a funky party hat.

Reactions: Todd Feinman

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
At MET [NY] I've had finally occasion to observe their Amarna collection. I've collected a lot of pictures and materials. I need time to examine them [I cannot post here the pictures, MET rules are clear], as first note I can say that the famous jar of Kiya presents no more recognizable hieroglyphics. And now the MET supports no more any identification [I mean officially]. And I understand the position of the MET: about that jar we can only trust who observed it in a far past.

From a scientific perspective, without a clear photo, this is actually not enough. We cannot say that jar belonged to Kiya.

John B

Ad Honorem
Mar 2016
Canada
At MET [NY] I've had finally occasion to observe their Amarna collection. I've collected a lot of pictures and materials. I need time to examine them [I cannot post here the pictures, MET rules are clear], as first note I can say that the famous jar of Kiya presents no more recognizable hieroglyphics. And now the MET supports no more any identification [I mean officially]. And I understand the position of the MET: about that jar we can only trust who observed it in a far past.

From a scientific perspective, without a clear photo, this is actually not enough. We cannot say that jar belonged to Kiya.
There is already enough attribution speculation out there, Agree.