Just Ancient Egypt

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
On the other hand I've had the opportunity to see the famous pieces about Nefertiti. MET's Amarna collection is remarkable about this: they've got almost all the main pieces. First impression? Wow!

But after the "wow" the amateur researcher comes. In Italy the "Befana" is coming, so that I've got a couple of days of holiday before of going back to work. I will begin to examine the material I've collected.

John B

Ad Honorem
Mar 2016
Canada
As now at least admitted to in this article media firms are footing the bill. Also noted Zahi seems to be the puppet master.
"Egypt's Valley of the Kings, which holds the tomb of King Tut and other Egyptian royalty, divulged several of its secrets in 2019, including a workshop complex, mummification cache, ostraca (pottery with writing on it) and newfound mummies. Excavations were carried out in both the east and west valleys of the Valley of the Kings and was funded in part by media companies that are paying for the right to film the excavations.

Excavations in the east and west valleys of the royal cemetery are ongoing; the artifacts found in 2019 are still being analyzed, and hieroglyphic writing on the ostraca is in the process of being deciphered. With all this work going on, it's likely that more discoveries will be made in the Valley of the Kings in 2020. Zahi Hawass, the former Egyptian antiquities minister who is leading work in the valley, believes that several tombs built for the pharaohs and their queens have yet to be found."

John B

Ad Honorem
Mar 2016
Canada
It seems they are rush marketing here. I would love to see the real time engineering work profile and assessments.

Davidius

Ad Honorem
Dec 2010
Pillium
Off to London today to see Tutankhamen exhibition at the Saatchi Gallery. I’ll see if they allow photography and post some pics if they do.

Reactions: Todd Feinman

John B

Ad Honorem
Mar 2016
Canada
Now maybe they could put some words on his mouth?
"The voice of an ancient Egyptian priest has been heard for the first time in more than 3,000 years, thanks to a detailed reconstruction of his vocal tract from his mummified remains. "