KOREA WAR: interesting facts

David Vagamundo

Ad Honorem
Jan 2010
Atlanta, Georgia USA
Thanks, Speculatin'. Lots of interesting info in there. One of the most timely is No.9, that North Korea repudiated the Armistice in 2013. So technically, North Korea and the US (or more accurately the UN) are at war?

Jun 2011
The Old Dominion
And NK has not changed its mode/methods/tone of governance and blatherings in the last 65+ years . . .

YouLoveMeYouKnowIt

Ad Honorem
Oct 2013
Canada
Korean War - Facts & Summary - HISTORY.com

Do you have some reason for thinking that Communist Korea, backed by the USSR and Communist China, was not going to impose communism on South Korea?
Yes, because there is no reason to hold other people to be less patriotic than us. The fact that you find their ideology objectionable does not mean they are not patriotic. Korea was divided for a long time and colonized, annexed, and crushed. It shouldn't be surprising Koreans from either side wants their country back.

And NK has not changed its mode/methods/tone of governance and blatherings in the last 65+ years . . .
An untruthful statement. North Korea was shifted it's ideology.

Last edited:
Jan 2016
Woodside, Perthshire
YouLoveMeYouKnowIt;2803400. The fact that you find their ideology objectionable does not mean they a said:
An untruthful statement. North Korea was shifted it's ideology.
Really - it what way?
Mike

Mar 2015
Yorkshire
Here is fact that is not recorded (to my knowledge) - my old boss Lt Col David McIntosh, Royal Artillery (deceased sadly - a larger than life character) fired the last shells of the Korean War on the orders of the British Government, Red, White and Blue smoke.

What the Government does not know is that the three cartridges that they insisted on collecting are fakes - they were substituted. One of the originals resided proudly on David's fireplace. I presume the other two now belong to his gunners.