Lake Victoria: Facts, Geography and Origin

Feb 2019
Nigeria
Lake Victoria is the largest lake in Africa, it is a huge lake that is located in Eastern Africa along the equator and boarders countries like Uganda, Kenya and Tanzania.
It has an area of 26,828 square mile (69,484 squ km). It has the greatest length from north to south as 210 miles (337km), its coastline exceeds 2,000 miles (3,220km).

Continue reading @ [MOD EDIT: The OP can post the information here rather than directing to an external website]

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
That's an interesting area of Africa: how can Europeans organize a journey to visit the region? In a few words: which are the nearest airports? [You know Europeans ... we take a flight].

stevev

Ad Honorem
Apr 2017
Las Vegas, NV USA
You might want to time your visit to avoid the swarms unless you want to try a highly nutritious bug burger.

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
I'm an extreme trekker ... in Nepal I ate insects, so fly burgers sound nice for me!

Reactions: stevev

Chlodio

Forum Staff
Aug 2016
Dispargum
That's an interesting area of Africa: how can Europeans organize a journey to visit the region? In a few words: which are the nearest airports? [You know Europeans ... we take a flight].
There's a famous airport right on Lake Victoria - Entebbe. It's the international airport that serves Kampala, the capital of Uganda.