last country to abolish slavery in Europe

Sep 2012
Bulgaria
It exists Kevin. For example early 2018 case of white slaves from Poland, Lithuania, Romania and my country held in a flower farm in Cornwall. The difference from the times of pope Gregory and his "non angli sed angeli" or Doomsday census & its 10% slaves of the total population is that nowadays it is illegal. Thank to EU charter of fundamental rights ;)

May 2011
Navan, Ireland
It exists Kevin. For example early 2018 case of white slaves from Poland, Lithuania, Romania and my country held in a flower farm in Cornwall. The difference from the times of pope Gregory and his "non angli sed angeli" or Doomsday census & its 10% slaves of the total population is that nowadays it is illegal. Thank to EU charter of fundamental rights ;)[/QUOTE2 ;
The whole basis of the Somersett case was that t
It exists Kevin. For example early 2018 case of white slaves from Poland, Lithuania, Romania and my country held in a flower farm in Cornwall. The difference from the times of pope Gregory and his "non angli sed angeli" or Doomsday census & its 10% slaves of the total population is that nowadays it is illegal. Thank to EU charter of fundamental rights ;)
The whole basis of the Somersett case was that there was no such thing as a slave in English law

Its only very recently that they have been forced to introduce laws.

sparky

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Sydney
Slavery is part of the wide constellation of bonded labor ,
it goes from apprenticeship , convict labor , West African children labor being sold by their family to work for a decade on the Cocoa plantation
serfdom in all it's forms , Indians debtors having their labor right sold to British Sugar producers in fidji .......

the characteristic of true slavery is that it is hereditary , the children born of slaves are slaves themselves
this status is enforceable in a court of law ,
the rest is just rhetoric

Similar History Discussions