Leaders that went from hero to villain

Status
Closed

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
But reviled outside of the South whereas he was previously (before his treason) beloved everywhere nationwide in the US.
Was Lee really reviled? After the Reconstruction, the US started a sort of conciliatory policy towards the South and started honoring the Confederates. I mean, Lee was put on stamps and is generally always included in the list of best American generals.

Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Was Lee really reviled? After the Reconstruction, the US started a sort of conciliatory policy towards the South and started honoring the Confederates. I mean, Lee was put on stamps and is generally always included in the list of best American generals.
He was prevented from seeking office for the rest of his life--as was Jefferson Davis--no?

macon

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Slovenia, EU
What about this guy? :

Going from a respected businessman to an ill-behaved, ill-mannered, racist demagogue.

P.S.: If Naomasa's post is acceptable, then mine should be as well. After all, The Donald first achieved fame before 1991.
Please, if he goes on as he started his presidency he will be one of the most succesful American presidents of all times. His manners are not much but accusations of racism come from left fascists who are all good for mental institutions and prisons.

Sooner extreme left gets it's long due legal treatment better for western societies. They should be treated same as neonazis.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
Please, if he goes on as he started his presidency he will be one of the most succesful American presidents of all times.
That needs a source. Since any accomplishment is yet to be seen.

His manners are not much but accusations of racism come from left fascists who are all good for mental institutions and prisons.
Forgetting his retarded manners that don't need to be referred, his racist comments were more than a few, if I remember well. And I would like to state that I am not a "left fascist" or that I am not making an accusation of racism, simply a confirmation of something that happened.

Sooner extreme left gets it's long due legal treatment better for western societies. They should be treated same as neonazis.
Here I partially agree. All extremisms, that can't live in a democracy, and try to undermine it, should be legally persecuted.

Anyway, I think a good thread went to the toilet, since the post 1991 politics were introduced.

macon

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Slovenia, EU
That needs a source. Since any accomplishment is yet to be seen.

Forgetting his retarded manners that don't need to be referred, his racist comments were more than a few, if I remember well. And I would like to state that I am not a "left fascist" or that I am not making an accusation of racism, simply a confirmation of something that happened.

Here I partially agree. All extremisms, that can't live in a democracy, and try to undermine it, should be legally persecuted.

Anyway, I think a good thread went to the toilet, since the post 1991 politics were introduced.

USA have good growth of GDP and best employment rate in last half of century. He also has not started a single war in last 2 years and is talking to North Korean scum. Chinese needed a lesson as well as Nato members non contributors. (He is also married to a Slovenian meaning that his taste is not so bad. :cool::love: )

Please can I have his racist comment?

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
USA have good growth of GDP and best employment rate in last half of century. He also has not started a single war in last 2 years and is talking to North Korean scum. Chinese needed a lesson as well as Nato members non contributors. (He is also married to a Slovenian meaning that his taste is not so bad. )
With the Korean scum he just “loves” him. Nothing was done. The growth of the GDP has to do with the economic flow and had begun with the previous president.

Please can I have his racist comment?
When I get to home I will try to get some direct quotes, meanwhile just googling lead me to this:

It seems a long article from an interesting magazine, I still didn’t read it, so don’t know if has direct quotes. Anyway, I plan to: An Oral History of Trump’s Bigotry

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
What about this guy? :

Going from a respected businessman to an ill-behaved, ill-mannered, racist demagogue.

P.S.: If Naomasa's post is acceptable, then mine should be as well. After all, The Donald first achieved fame before 1991.
See how quickly you turned this partisan?

Exercise better judgement in future.

THREAD CLOSED.

Status
Closed