Lesser known cold wars

Pillbox city

Ad Honorem
Jul 2012
Abilene, Texas
Was there any conflict or political tension in any era that would qualify as a cold war? Barring the Cold War of the 1900s.

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
The British-Russian tension that existed throughout much of the 19th century (most notably present in Central Asia where it was nicknamed the Great Game) counts in my opinion. Britain and Russia clashed in the Crimean War, but there was never a full-blown confrontation between the two empires.

Reactions: Futurist

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
The Franco-German Cold War between 1871 and 1914? The Indo-Pakistani conflict since 1971 (with the exception of 1999)? The Korean conflict after 1953? The situation between Israel and Syria since 1973? Ethiopia's and Eritrea's situation from independence until last year? Saudi Arabia versus Iran since 1979? Iraq versus Iran from 1988 to 2003?

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
The British-Russian tension that existed throughout much of the 19th century (most notably present in Central Asia where it was nicknamed the Great Game) counts in my opinion. Britain and Russia clashed in the Crimean War, but there was never a full-blown confrontation between the two empires.
The Crimean War wasn't full-blown?

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
The Crimean War wasn't full-blown?
It was a major war, I even heard it proclaimed as a World War, but there was never a confrontation between Britain and Russia on par with some of Russia's other wars.

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
It was a major war, I even heard it proclaimed as a World War, but there was never a confrontation between Britain and Russia on par with some of Russia's other wars.
Was the Crimean War less intense than the Russo-Turkish War of 1877-1878?

Maki

Ad Honorem
Jan 2017
Republika Srpska
Polish War of 1654-67, Great Northern War, Seven Years War, Napoleonic Wars, World Wars.