Let us discuss Ukrainian elections

Sep 2012
India
I am not an ex-Ukrainian. I am a Russian expat. I did have relatives in Kiev (they later moved), and in Lviv, but they were not ethnic Ukrainians, either. However, I visited Kiev several times, and Lviv, twice.
Ethnically, there definitely is some Ukrainian admixture, but probably every Russian/Ukrainian can say it. However, we perceive ourselves through the culture and even more, the language.
Oh, sorry ! What is your impartial view of the grabbing of Crimea by your previous country, was not Crimea always a part of Ukraine ? From what one reads from the media ,the two countries do not seem to have good relations. Was not Crimean language and culture sought to be destroyed by Stalin ? Of course, Stalin might have done that for other nationalities, too.

arkteia

Ad Honorem
Nov 2012
Seattle
Oh, sorry ! What is your impartial view of the grabbing of Crimea by your previous country, was not Crimea always a part of Ukraine ? From what one reads from the media ,the two countries do not seem to have good relations. Was not Crimean language and culture sought to be destroyed by Stalin ? Of course, Stalin might have done that for other nationalities, too.
I wonder what Catherine the Great would have said about the fate of Crimea, lol.

Actually, the destruction of Crimean language and culture started way before Stalin, with Lenin and Trotsky. You'd be surprised what these guys were willing to sell for the money for their "industrialization" program.

Crimea was never part of Ukraine before Khruschev, and Khruschev had what they later called "voluntarism" (I don't like him and don't consider him a good leader), but I think major guilt lies with Yeltsin, too. When Belovezhsky agreement was signed, there was so much yearning to grab the power, Yeltsin did not foresee Crimea ever becoming a topic of contention. But at that point in time, the fate of Crimea should have been discussed.

arkteia

Ad Honorem
Nov 2012
Seattle
I am going to post some snippets from Kvartal 95, Zelinsky's show, with English cc's.

The fact is, the actors look surprisingly alike the prototypes. And it is hilarious. As people can guess, I like "Kvartal 95", so I am slightly partial to Zelinsky as a good actor and producer.

Oct 2013
Europix
Is it an acceped practice to use foreign presidents in local elections?

Using foreign presidents in national elections, using the danger of migrants in places that migrants don't wanna go, using Jew magnates that wanna destroy the country ....aso .... aso ....

Maribat, it seems that nowadays everything became "acceptable".

One doesn't need ideas, programs to get elected. All it has to do is to find the enemy that will make people scared and vote for him.

Tulun

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Western Eurasia
Using foreign presidents in national elections, using the danger of migrants in places that migrants don't wanna go, using Jew magnates that wanna destroy the country ....aso .... aso ....

Maribat, it seems that nowadays everything became "acceptable".

One doesn't need ideas, programs to get elected. All it has to do is to find the enemy that will make people scared and vote for him.
Yeah but it is good to see there are some naive people who are still surprised on these kind stuff

:D

Similar History Discussions