List of states/kingdoms existing in 16th century Philippines?

Apr 2017
the coast
Is there anywhere I can find a map or list of states/kingdoms that existed in the Philippines over the course of the 16th century?

When reading about the Spanish colonization I keep coming across mentions of various local "kingdoms" like Maynila, Tondo, Namayan, and Maguindanao, but it'd be great if I could get a list together of them and learn a bit about their history during the period. :)

To clarify I'm not looking for a list of every single tribe/ethnic group living in the Philippines (we'd probably be here a while). A list or map of some of the larger and better organized ones would be enough. I'm also curious to learn about the ones (no matter how small) that had some form of established cities with some urbanized population.

Mar 2012
In the bag of ecstatic squirt
^It's really hard to know the specifics of them since written materials about them are so obscure. Besides, 16th Century was the moment of Spanish colonization of the nation and that was the time that these kingdoms were integrated to become one country as the Philippines.

Apr 2017
the coast
^It's really hard to know the specifics of them since written materials about them are so obscure. Besides, 16th Century was the moment of Spanish colonization of the nation and that was the time that these kingdoms were integrated to become one country as the Philippines.
That's why I was asking about them actually. It was the time when a lot of those states would have their last period of independence before being colonized, and I have read a few translations of Spanish accounts mentioning the leaders and "kingdoms" they encountered. Problem is the info's been a bit hit and miss for me, and I can't read Spanish or Tagalog so I don't have access to the full range of sources, unlike some users here might...

Also not all of those states were dissolved when the Spanish showed up. The Sultanate of Maguindanao for example lasted for another few centuries.

Mar 2012
In the bag of ecstatic squirt
That's why I was asking about them actually. It was the time when a lot of those states would have their last period of independence before being colonized, and I have read a few translations of Spanish accounts mentioning the leaders and "kingdoms" they encountered. Problem is the info's been a bit hit and miss for me, and I can't read Spanish or Tagalog so I don't have access to the full range of sources, unlike some users here might...

Also not all of those states were dissolved when the Spanish showed up. The Sultanate of Maguindanao for example lasted for another few centuries.
Sure, there were territories in the Philippines which was never turned to Catholicism, and they were the Muslims and the Igorots of the Mountain Province.

When the Spaniards arrived in the nation under the leadership of Miguel Lopez de Legazpi being the follow up expeditions after series of failed ones from its discovery by Magellan in 1521, among those that was changed in the society was declaration of abolishing slavery in the Philippines.

When Spaniards conquered the archipelago, the Laws of the Indies served as a compilation of royal decrees for the Spanish colonies including the Philippines. Under it was a law stating that Spaniards were forbidden to hold Filipinos as slaves since they were under the subjection of King Phillip II. This was ignored by the Spanish captains, however, because they felt the need for domestic help and Spain was so far away from the Philippines for the law to be disseminated. The Spanish conquistadores acted on their own and seized and sold Filipinos in various parts of the country. Governor-General Legazpi, upon discovering this, later freed the slaves and punished those who took them under the jurisdiction of the monarchy.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Spanish_Slavery_in_the_Philippines

So unlike the other cultures that accuse Spain of slavery over them, the Filipinos cannot do that because it was in fact the Crown of Spain that said slavery is forbidden. Certainly encomienda system was employed but it was not that kind of slavery that others discuss as they happened in Caribbean and other former Spanish colonies.

Thereafter, these other territories who rejected the Spanish conquerors religion who were mostly the Muslims in Maguindanao and Sulo though were eventually subdued by Spain were the only ones who were existing kingdoms in 1600. Those Igorots in Mountain Province were just pockets of tribes who engaged in head hunting.