Little man with huge potential

Feb 2014
Asia
Many scholars believe that Unicorn Bull decipted in Indus seals is actually Indian Auroch rather than any supernatural being

Ajathashatru said:
I think most of the later gods are derived from Prajapati. Is there any Iranian equivalent to Prajapati?
I agree, both Brahma and Vishnu seems to be derived from Prajapati.

The Prajapati itself seems to be derived from Dyaus Pitri (Sky Father).

Very likely Iranian Ahura Mazda seems to be derived from Dyaos-Pitar

May 2013
The abode of the lord of the north
Many scholars believe that Unicorn Bull decipted in Indus seals is actually Indian Auroch rather than any supernatural being

I agree, both Brahma and Vishnu seems to be derived from Prajapati.

The Prajapati itself seems to be derived from Dyaus Pitri (Sky Father).

Very likely Iranian Ahura Mazda seems to be derived from Dyaos-Pitar
The Unicorn is shown with rather long and slim neck, Also look at the ears, doesn't really tally with those of Auroch.

Ahura Mazda is probably derived from an Asura cult. It is prevalent in Later Vedic Splits.

Feb 2014
Asia
Ajathashatru said:
The Unicorn is shown with rather long and slim neck, Also look at the ears, doesn't really tally with those of Auroch.
maybe this slim neck is shown in contrast to very prominent dewlap of zebus

Ajathashatru said:
Ahura Mazda is probably derived from an Asura cult. It is prevalent in Later Vedic Splits.
In Avesta, Ahura Mazda is regarded as a creator, comparable with Prajapatis in Rig Veda.

Ahura (comparable with Asura) is most likely an adjective, an honorific. Mazda is the proper name literally meaning 'wise'. So, very likely it would mean 'god Mazda'.

Last edited:

tornada

Ad Honoris
Mar 2013
India
Notice the ear.. Its different from Auroch
Not significantly so, and that maybe for artistic reasons or limitations of working on clay. In fact the ear is quite similar to how is when raised. Remember 3d depictions aren't possible, so the ear is shown raised perpendicular to the body, but it doesn't significantly differ from the representation.

May 2013
Not significantly so, and that maybe for artistic reasons or limitations of working on clay. In fact the ear is quite similar to how is when raised. Remember 3d depictions aren't possible, so the ear is shown raised perpendicular to the body, but it doesn't significantly differ from the representation.
Probably. But the Slim neck, along with these ears are a bit suspicious.

tornada

Ad Honoris
Mar 2013
India
Probably. But the Slim neck, along with these ears are a bit suspicious.
An Aurochs with a raised neck and it doesn't look all that thick. I can believe the Aurochs connect. Course, not completely denying a supernatural being, but even those have a basis in real animals after all

May 2013
An Aurochs with a raised neck and it doesn't look all that thick. I can believe the Aurochs connect. Course, not completely denying a supernatural being, but even those have a basis in real animals after all
May be.. Aare these aurochs attested to IVC archeologically? Just for assurance..

tornada

Ad Honoris
Mar 2013
India
May be.. Aare these aurochs attested to IVC archeologically? Just for assurance..
Well they predate the human presence in that region of the subcontinent. Within the cities? I don't think so, I'm not sure the Indian Aurochs can be domesticated. Were they hunted or eaten? Maybe, but animal bones of local fauna don't usually merit academic mention. I mean can you imagine archaeological reports talking about deer bones or pig bones or bird bones in any dig site?