Logistics of Teotihuacan

Mar 2015
Europe
How did Teotihuacan operate?

No wheel. No draft animals. No pack animals.

Not the only city in that situation, but I have an impression that at 200 000 people, it was the greatest such city ever.

And unlike Tenochtitlan, apparently no navigable canals in the urban area.

What did people of Teotihuacan eat? Where is their kitchen waste, and what does it consist of?

And, in contrast with the Maya who they conquered, Teotihuacan was illiterate.
How did citizens of Teotihuacan get paid? How did Spearthrower Owl keep accounts of the tributes paid by Tikal or disbursements to Smoking Frog?

Aug 2016
US&A
If Teotihuacan was similar to the other Mesoamerican states, they used human porters to move stuff. Porters in the aztec army were expected to carry 50 pounds each, for hours a day.
They also had dogs which can be used as pack-animals, though I'm not sure if the native Mesoamericans used dogs that way.
Moving large heavy objects is often a duty slaves will be forced to take up.

Not the only city in that situation, but I have an impression that at 200 000 people, it was the greatest such city ever.
According to Teotihuacan it had at least 125,000 and at most 200,000. Most likely the population was at least slightly smaller than 200,000. I'm not sure what you mean by "greatest such city ever" but it was the 6th largest in the world at the time.

Various Nahuatl tribes migrated into the area and pushed out the original peoples, some of whom were likely ethnically Mayan. Teotihuacans themselves probabl The Mayans were never really conquered until the Spaniards came. The thing is, even during the Aztec days of supremacy there were the Purepecha/Mihoacans/Tarascan who spoke their own language and are likely partially descended from some of those pushed out by the migrations. Oddly enough Purepecha might be related to Quechua the language of the Inca. There is also evidence of the Purepecha pushing out other, older, ethnicities in the area as well. These peoples are referred to as the Teco Indians in Ian Heath's, "Armies of the Aztec and Inca Empires, Other Native Peoples of The Americas, and the Conquistadores: 2 (Armies of the Sixteenth Century)".

How did citizens of Teotihuacan get paid? How did Spearthrower Owl keep accounts of the tributes paid by Tikal or disbursements to Smoking Frog?
I don't know. However, when a country needs writing, and there is a form of writing nearby, they usually just adopt that form of writing. Otherwise, they might just remember what to pay, and how much they're owed. Bargaining probably played a large role in payments and tributes.

Tairusiano

Ad Honorem
Jun 2012
Brazil

No wheel. No draft animals. No pack animals.

And unlike Tenochtitlan, apparently no navigable canals in the urban area.

What did people of Teotihuacan eat? Where is their kitchen waste, and what does it consist of?

First, although Spearthrower Owl and Siyah K'ak probably were from Teotihuacan we can only theorize, now second he didn't conquer the Mayas, Siyah K'ak replaced some kings of Maya cities the most famous Tikal, but not all, in reality, the Kings of Calakmul maintained independence, and later on they criticized the kings of Tikal, as not Mayan.

now some articles if you want to read about Teotihuacan.
http://www.latinamericanstudies.org/teotihuacan/teotihuacan.pdf
Cooperation and tensions in multiethnic corporate societies using Teotihuacan, Central Mexico, as a case study
Teotihuacan: City of Water, City of Fire | famsf-digital-stories
http://www.mesoweb.com/bearc/caa/AA01.pdf
http://www.dartmouth.edu/~izapa/M-15.pdf

Mar 2015
Europe
According to Teotihuacan it had at least 125,000 and at most 200,000. Most likely the population was at least slightly smaller than 200,000. I'm not sure what you mean by "greatest such city ever" but it was the 6th largest in the world at the time.
Which were the 5 bigger cities?
My point is that the 5 bigger cities at the time were in Old World and had use of wheeled vehicles and draught animals.
Tenochtitlan, a millennium later, was possibly slightly smaller - generally similar size - but had navigable canals in urban area, which Teotihuacan lacked.