Look Who's Back- Er ist wieder da

Naima

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Venice
is a 2015 German comedy film directed by David Wnendt , based on the bestselling satirical novel of the same name about Adolf Hitler by Timur Vermes. The film features unscripted vignettes of Oliver Masucci as Hitler interacting with ordinary Germans while in character, interspersed with scripted storyline sequences.

What do you think of the movie and how the german people react to the Hitler Character ?

Shtajerc

Ad Honorem
Jul 2014
Lower Styria, Slovenia
I watched it a couple of times and quite liked it. I don't know how sincere the reactions of the people were (where Hitler was supposed to be talking to real people on the street) but you could see a variety of them. Some folks aproved, some were more reserved while others were pretty much outraged. Iterestingly the opinion of the woman from the former DDR (the one selling food in a Imbissbude) was favourable, probably expected? I liked where ''Hitler'' was talking to an old woman and her son, the generational difference.

I liked the actor's performance a lot.

Naima

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Venice
Yes he was good, the only think I noticed though is that the Actor had brown eyes and Hitler I think had deep blue eyes?
I guess some contact lenses could have helped , for the rest he even looked pretty similar.

Shtajerc

Ad Honorem
Jul 2014
Lower Styria, Slovenia
Yes he was good, the only think I noticed though is that the Actor had brown eyes and Hitler I think had deep blue eyes?
I guess some contact lenses could have helped , for the rest he even looked pretty similar.
True. Paintings and colourised photos always show him with blue eyes, while the actor has sort of amber eyes. He is also taller than Hitler, I think? He put on a lot of weight to look more like Hitler, so I don't know why they didn't give him lenses ...

Naima

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Venice
Yes somehow its the only thing I found apart the height that the actor couln't quite well match , after all he seemed to have studied the dictator poses and movements and seems really belieaveable especially from distance ...

Shtajerc

Ad Honorem
Jul 2014
Lower Styria, Slovenia
Yes somehow its the only thing I found apart the height that the actor couln't quite well match , after all he seemed to have studied the dictator poses and movements and seems really belieaveable especially from distance ...
No idea what they were thinking.

Offspring

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
România
Anyone read the book? I haven't.

The movie was fun. The dialogue in of the last scenes, with Hitler on the roof, was brilliant.

Oh, and I enjoyed seeing Hitler mention Romania's offer of military assistance to Poland when the Germans attacked.

Shtajerc

Ad Honorem
Jul 2014
Lower Styria, Slovenia
Anyone read the book? I haven't.

The movie was fun. The dialogue in of the last scenes, with Hitler on the roof, was brilliant.

Oh, and I enjoyed seeing Hitler mention Romania's offer of military assistance to Poland when the Germans attacked.
The short debate about Romania was a nice touch, I liked it too.

Similar History Discussions