Looking for an informative Iraq war documentary

Jul 2019
Middle Earth
I know there are a lot of documentaries about the Iraq war (the second one, not the gulf war) but they all seem to be about following individual soldiers or platoons in Iraq and their personal experiences there.

I'm looking for something that doesn't focus on that or on the politics around the war, but focuses more on the outline of the invasion, major events, timeline, strategy, etc. More of an overview.

Thank you

Jul 2016
USA
I'll give you same answer I gave days ago when you posted identical question.

Forget a documentary, read the following books:

Cobra II: The Inside Story of the Invasion and Occupation of Iraq
Fiasco: The American Military Adventure in Iraq, 2003 to 200
The Gamble: General David Petraeus and the American Military Adventure in Iraq, 2006-2008

You're never going to find a documentary that honestly covers it. Documentary are limited by time, have to be catchy and entertaining which often means of questionable educational value, arent subject to peer or serious review, and are nearly always made with a major bias to persuade the audience (aka propaganda). Books are always better, read the books.

Jul 2019
Middle Earth
My original post was on a different sub-forum. I appreciate your suggestions and will look into them, however I'm really interested in a documentary.
I've seen some great documentaries recently about various conflicts, that were very interesting and informative, and not just drama and dramatizations. But for some reason, maybe because the Iraq war was so long, difficult, polarizing and politicized (and political) I cannot find anything like what I described above.

Jul 2016
USA
My original post was on a different sub-forum. I appreciate your suggestions and will look into them, however I'm really interested in a documentary.
I've seen some great documentaries recently about various conflicts, that were very interesting and informative, and not just drama and dramatizations. But for some reason, maybe because the Iraq war was so long, difficult, polarizing and politicized (and political) I cannot find anything like what I described above.
The fact that it was long, difficult, polarizing and politicized (and political) is why you wont find what you want. Its too new. Maybe in a couple decades a decent documentary will be made. In the mean time, its all slanted. The only honest ones are about people's stories, or small operations.

All those books I mentioned are gigantic. It takes three of them just to get from 2003 to 2008, and they still leave out stuff. For a documentary to even remotely cover it in that detail they'd need to be 50 hours long.

Jul 2016
USA
I'll try to find something. Most likely it'll be in the form of a lecture and not a documentary. But no promises either way. I still think you should read Cobra II, which is all about the plan, how it was created, by whom, and how it was implemented (Cobra II was the operational plan name for the invasion of Iraq and overthrow of Saddam's govt).