Manuscript

Sep 2018
Russia
It is possible and so.

But this list looks like it was written after the main text of the manuscript was written.

There are comments in different handwritings, as I understood)).

Perhaps in the 18th century or early 19 the manuscript was in the Persians))?

Thank you very much for the answer.

I will try to lay out today the full version of the manuscript)).
By the way, what's the name at the end of the list?
Muhammed Baqi Billah last name?

By the way, it turns out the book was among the followers ofNaqshbandi , but the main text was probably written by someone else?

or not?

Last edited:

Tulun

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Western Eurasia
By the way, what's the name at the end of the list?
Muhammed Baqi Billah last name?

By the way, it turns out the book was among the followers ofNaqshbandi , but the main text was probably written by someone else?

or not?
http://www.picshare.ru/uploads/180912/g0ahsLz7O4.jpg

Muhammed Baqi Billah is mentioned in the 8th row of this page (from the top), but in the page they continue to list the other previous sheikhs or spiritual masters of this sufi order, back to the Prophet (who is mentioned in the end of the page). I just stopped listing the others after Muhammed Baqi Billah. :)

this is how a complete Naqshbandi chain looks like (some different sub-orders) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naqshbandi_Golden_Chain so you can have an idea about it

Unfortunetly not all names are clear to me that i see in the manuscript and who lived after Muhammed Baqi Billah.
if i knew, maybe we could narrow down to which later sub-group of the Naqshbandi order the author belonged.

This text could be popular in madrasa education, maybe the author himself or the copist or one of the owners belonged to the order, but unfortunetly i don't understand the whole text. Naqshbandis were very influental and widespread in the 18th-19th century, many sunni muslim scholars were the members of it in most of the islamic world.

Last edited:
Sep 2018
Russia
http://www.picshare.ru/uploads/180912/g0ahsLz7O4.jpg

Muhammed Baqi Billah is mentioned in the 8th row of this page (from the top), but in the page they continue to list the other previous sheikhs or spiritual masters of this sufi order, back to the Prophet (who is mentioned in the end of the page). I just stopped listing the others after Muhammed Baqi Billah. :)

this is how a complete Naqshbandi chain looks like (some different sub-orders) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naqshbandi_Golden_Chain so you can have an idea about it

Unfortunetly not all names are clear to me that i see in the manuscript and who lived after Muhammed Baqi Billah.
if i knew, maybe we could narrow down to which later sub-group of the Naqshbandi order the author belonged.

This text could be popular in madrasa education, maybe the author himself or the copist or one of the owners belonged to the order, but unfortunetly i don't understand the whole text. Naqshbandis were very influental and widespread in the 18th-19th century, many sunni muslim scholars were the members of it in most of the islamic world.
Did you download the version of the manuscript in PDF? There are photos of higher quality)). In any case, I tried at right angles to do in daylight)).

Mar 2017
Colorado
Is there meaning/significance to the appearance of the writing?

Most is normal writing on a page.
One page has text arranged in a triangular pattern.
Other pages have text written diagonally.

When I visited the El Aqsa mosque, I was told that a lot of effort had been put into making the flowing script beautiful. It's not just writing, it's an art form. Maybe the guide was just talking about the extraordinary tiling of the mosque, but I thought it applied to the script itself.

Is that all it is? It's just written to look very nice?

Or does the style of writing have significance?

Sep 2018
Russia
Is there meaning/significance to the appearance of the writing?

Most is normal writing on a page.
One page has text arranged in a triangular pattern.
Other pages have text written diagonally.

When I visited the El Aqsa mosque, I was told that a lot of effort had been put into making the flowing script beautiful. It's not just writing, it's an art form. Maybe the guide was just talking about the extraordinary tiling of the mosque, but I thought it applied to the script itself.

Is that all it is? It's just written to look very nice?

Or does the style of writing have significance?
The ordered text in a triangle is the completion of the manuscript. Where often the date of correspondence was indicated and the name of the person who wrote the manuscript.

In this manuscript, as I understood this, there is no.

Triangle often ended the text in Russian manuscripts)).

By the way, it is relatively difficult to do this, as I know)).

After the main text there are various entries. As I think, they were left after writing the manuscript when the manuscript was from other owners.

Such notes on blank pages often came across me in Russian books. For example, in the Psalter of 1637 there were many inscriptions on empty sheets and fields of the 18th century)).

Do you think that the manuscript has a beautiful handwriting))?

Similar History Discussions