Maps that compare the population density and/or population in various countries/areas over time

Futurist

Ad Honoris
May 2014
SoCal
Hopefully the creation of this thread is OK. Historical changes in population density and/or in population should certainly be a valid historical topic for study and debate considering that it is a part of historical demographics.

Anyway, which maps do you know of that compare the population density and/or population in various countries/areas over time?

So far, I managed to find these maps:

US population density by county from 1790 to 2010 (animated map):

Total US population by county from 1790 to 2010 (animated map):

Canadian population density from 1901 to 2001 (animated map):

Canadian population density in 1851, 1871, 1901, 1921, and 1941:

European population density from 1870 to 2000 (animated map):

England and Wales population density maps for 1801, 1851, and 1891:

The Cambridge Group for the History of Population and Social Structure » The Occupational Structure of Nineteenth Century Britain

Ireland population density maps for various years in the 19th and 20th centuries are found in this book:

Troubled Geographies: Two centuries of Religious Division in Ireland

Africa population density maps from 1960 to 2000:

African Population Database Documentation | A.6. Population density map for year 1960

Latin America population density maps from 1960 to 2000:

Latin America and the Caribbean Population Database Documentation

Maps of the total US population density, the US slave population density, the US free person population density, and the US free black population density from 1790 to 1860 (animated maps):

Anyway, which other population density map series can you find? For the record, I don't want a regular population density map; rather, I want either an interactive map of this or a series of maps of this made by the same person (for different years).

Similar History Discussions