Marilyn Monroe´s death - suicide or homicide?

rvsakhadeo

Ad Honorem
Sep 2012
India
The US is a hotbed of exploitation of the vulnerable and the immature innocent. This woman had the great misfortune of being lovely, in love with a rising and influential politician and hemmed in by her drug-dependent habits. What else could have happened in a ' winner-takes-all ' society?

Sep 2018
erewhon
What a nasty thing to say about a woman who had serious mental health problems and a childhood of severe abuse and neglect :sad:
Or about any woman for that matter
You didn't understand my comment,, friend.

''she was used, manipulated, and disposed of...'

BTW - i've watch her many films ,,, have you..?

:)

Nov 2016
Germany
A merely fictional scene on the day before Marilyn´s death:

+++

GREENSON
You´re mad. This idea is ridiculous.

ROBERT KENNEDY
(shrugging)
Not at all. The risks are minimal. People will say that she committed suicide since she suffered depressions because of getting older and because of her divorce from Miller, and that her career was fading, and that she got confused and mentally damaged through the psychotropic drugs she took abundantly, and through those ******* psychoanalytical sessions with you.

(he grins)

GREENSON
You bastard. My career will be destroyed.

ROBERT
That´s very improbable, but it certainly will be if you don´t do me the favor of sending her to the happy hunting grounds.

GREENSON
You bastard. I´m still loving her.

ROBERT
Blah blah blah... I´m loving her, too, whatever that means, but what I love more is my and my brother´s careers which would be ****ed up if Marilyn divulges something about the red diary.

GREENSON
That diary containing dirty stuff about the Kennedys, yeah...

ROBERT
Now? Are you prepared to give her the injection I´m asking you for?

GREENSON
But will some people not say that she had absolutely no reasons for suicide? That her career wasn´t fading at all, but was back on track after moving to L.A.? That her last weeks before her... ah, death were perhaps the happiest of her life? That she had just bought her first house and was refurbishing it? That her face had just adorned the covers of such magazines as ´Life´ and ´Paris-Match´? That Fox had rehired her so that she could have started working only few days after her... ah, death? That her last films were real box-office hits? So that she had absolutely no motif for committing suicide?

ROBERT
Some gossip will go around, maybe, but what of it? We´ll arrange for the suicide explanation, moreover, no evidence of murder -

GREENSON
Not this word!

ROBERT
Sorry, of a violent death will be traceable.

GREENSON
From your lips to God´s ears! By the way, how does all this agree with your strong faith in God?

ROBERT
That´s my problem, not yours, a damn atheist as you are. So we have a deal?

GREENSON
Give me five minutes to think about it.

ROBERT
(looking at his watch)
Time is ticking now.

Last edited: