Mass murder during the 20th century

Willempie

Ad Honorem
Jul 2015
Netherlands
Well, some of my Indonesian friends only want to talk about how you guys were so bad during their independence war in 1945-49.
I think we reached 50k civilian deaths during that period and the same amount of combatants. Not good, but no way near to the death tolls of the Japanese and Indonesians before and after.
I suspect however it is much more convenient to discuss that for Indonesians ;)

Feb 2018
Hong Kong
Mao Zedong final strike, The Cultural Revolution ™ Killing between Two millions to Seven Millions, the barbarity of The Cultural Revolution ™ I'd already overlooked by the Worldwide historians.

robto

Ad Honorem
Jun 2014
Lisbon, Portugal
Mao Zedong final strike, The Cultural Revolution ™ Killing between Two millions to Seven Millions, the barbarity of The Cultural Revolution ™ I'd already overlooked by the Worldwide historians.
The Cultural Revolution is not at all overlooked by the worldwide historians and the global general public as all, it's in fact quite the contrary. Everything about China and its history is largely ignored outside East Asia, and if a non-East Asian happens to know something about Chinese history, it will probably be Mao Zedong and the Cultural Revolution that he/her will have first in mind, even more than other historical events such as the Nanjing massacre, the Taiping Rebellion or the Opium Wars.

Similar History Discussions