Massive pyramid and Lost City Unearthed in China

Aug 2016
Ireland, Dublin
Massive Pyramid, Lost City and Ancient Human Sacrifices Unearthed in China
Huge discovery in China, there seems to have been very little discussion of this ever since its discovery which is a shame because I think this is extremely interesting, bear in mind China is not the only place step pyramids going back to ancient times have been found there was also another one found in Europe in Bulgaria, http://archaeologyinbulgaria.com/2015/12/21/thracologists-discover-ancient-thracian-rock-step-pyramid-in-eastern-rhodope-mountains-in-southern-bulgaria/

IMO there really needs to be more excavations done in these areas

Any thoughts on this, also if you happen to know anything about this civilization in China and the inhabitants way of life or any thing about them at all please inform me.

Last edited:
Mar 2017
Colorado
I'm shocked this has been posted for 16 hrs and no one's replied. There are PLENTY of Chinese members who talk about their own history.

As for things that need to be excavated? There are tons of them. Money & political climate are always the issues. There are amateurs examining satellite maps still discovering lost cities in Central and South America.

Read about the description of the tomb of Qin Shi Huang ... the one with all those terracotta soldiers. We pretty much know the legends, of how fantastic his tomb is, are true. Amongst them, a scale map of China with liquid mercury filling the water courses. They've done above ground testing and mapped out the mercury evaporant still seeping out of the ground. Why don't they excavate THAT?!! They've been digging up ranks of soldiers for decades and get a decent tourist return from that. Imagine the tomb itself! Maybe the toxicity of the mercury is the problem ......

BTW: If you believe the interpretation of the satellite images, there are LOTS of pyramids in China ... and around the world.

Mar 2017
Colorado
Maybe it was a really good idea. When they eventually go in wearing astronaut suits, I wonder if they'll find the place littered with the remains of tomb robbers.

cachibatches

Ad Honorem
Mar 2012
Unfortunately, there is a lot of sensationalism going on here, as this is not really a pyramid, and not even a proper earth mound. The word "pyramid" is just a hook. It's really a teraformed hill.

China’s lost ‘pyramid of eyes’

It’s not a pyramid in the traditional sense. Its sides are not straight or equal. And it was moulded out of a hill, given its shape with rammed-earth and given strength by stone retaining walls. But it is an enormous stepped mound covering some 24 hectares at its base, and 70 metres high. In comparison, the Great Pyramid of Giza covers some 5.5ha, but reaches some 139m into the sky.

Jan 2016
United States, MO
I'm shocked this has been posted for 16 hrs and no one's replied. There are PLENTY of Chinese members who talk about their own history.

As for things that need to be excavated? There are tons of them. Money & political climate are always the issues. There are amateurs examining satellite maps still discovering lost cities in Central and South America.

Read about the description of the tomb of Qin Shi Huang ... the one with all those terracotta soldiers. We pretty much know the legends, of how fantastic his tomb is, are true. Amongst them, a scale map of China with liquid mercury filling the water courses. They've done above ground testing and mapped out the mercury evaporant still seeping out of the ground. Why don't they excavate THAT?!! They've been digging up ranks of soldiers for decades and get a decent tourist return from that. Imagine the tomb itself! Maybe the toxicity of the mercury is the problem ......

BTW: If you believe the interpretation of the satellite images, there are LOTS of pyramids in China ... and around the world.

Mercury isn't the main obstacle. They have also stopped unearthing terracotta warriors too. Basically the soldiers all have brightly colored paint on them, but the paint vaporizes after a few minutes after being exposed to oxygen and they want to have the technology to preserve things in their original state before they unearth the rest of the tomb complex.

Aug 2016
Ireland, Dublin
Unfortunately, there is a lot of sensationalism going on here, as this is not really a pyramid, and not even a proper earth mound. The word "pyramid" is just a hook. It's really a teraformed hill.

China’s lost ‘pyramid of eyes’

It’s not a pyramid in the traditional sense. Its sides are not straight or equal. And it was moulded out of a hill, given its shape with rammed-earth and given strength by stone retaining walls. But it is an enormous stepped mound covering some 24 hectares at its base, and 70 metres high. In comparison, the Great Pyramid of Giza covers some 5.5ha, but reaches some 139m into the sky.
To be fair, there have been multiple places in China where Pyramids have been sited, this may just be a land formation though, I have to agree with you there because this doesn't really appear to take on the shape of a pyramid (at least from what I can see)

What I really wanna know is why so few excavations are being done in China , I ask this because I just know that this discovery we are discussing right now will most likely just be forgotten about not long from now(I am not trying to suggest any conspiracy related cover up, I'm just curious)