Military Vehicles, Good and Not So Good

Oct 2016
Merryland
post pics and discussion of military vehicles you find particularly interesting

lest impressive: New Zealand 'Semple' Tank

easy to laugh at, but after all this was slapped together by amateurs with available materials. better than nothing

Oct 2016
Merryland

Brit 'Crusader' tank of WWII

I really like the lines and proportion of this.
I think considered moderately successful. spare parts issues and cooling issues (esp in the desert); replaced mostly by Shermans.

Sep 2017
United States
post pics and discussion of military vehicles you find particularly interesting

lest impressive: New Zealand 'Semple' Tank

easy to laugh at, but after all this was slapped together by amateurs with available materials. better than nothing
It's easy to laugh out, and obviously pales in comparison to practically any other military vehicle, but I wouldn't be laughing if it was coming at me in real life! A machine gun is still a machine gun :lol:

Nemowork

Ad Honorem
Jan 2011
South of the barcodes

You missed this wonderful thing. Built during the invasion scare, Bisons were constructed on old truck chassis with a concrete armour pillbox. They were meant to be driven to invasion points, parked and used as strongpoints to delay the invaders.

What nobody has thought of is that the crew are in an armoured box with no way out...right over the fuel tank.

Which isn't armoured!

Plus the military were desperate for heavy trucks so they could only spare the old shagged out ones so they were sually too overloaded to move anywhere in the first place.

Similar History Discussions