Mixed Eugenics?

Nov 2017
Geneva, Switzerland
We know that in the West the idea of superior race spread in the 19th and 20th centuries.
With the division of Africa and neo-colonialism to bring "civilization to these territories", with racial segregation in the US, with the encouragement of racial bleaching in Brazil, and the Nazis in ww2 and Japan with the idea of being the pure race from Asia.

So I ask has there ever been an ideology that propagates the idea that the perfect race would be achieved by the miscegenation (interracial relationship) of the races?

This post is not to promote an offensive idea I am just taking a question.

Mar 2019
Kansas
We know that in the West the idea of superior race spread in the 19th and 20th centuries.
With the division of Africa and neo-colonialism to bring "civilization to these territories", with racial segregation in the US, with the encouragement of racial bleaching in Brazil, and the Nazis in ww2 and Japan with the idea of being the pure race from Asia.

So I ask has there ever been an ideology that propagates the idea that the perfect race would be achieved by the miscegenation (interracial relationship) of the races?

Its a pretty common idea really. Any nation that promotes diversity is effectively doing exactly this.

The US has run a diversity lottery for years. The idea is to favor countries that don't currently have large amounts of immigration to the US. At a recent citizenship ceremony in Kansas city 360 immigrants represented 69 countries. Which is pretty healthy no matter how you look at it

Oct 2016
Ashland
Its a pretty common idea really. Any nation that promotes diversity is effectively doing exactly this.

The US has run a diversity lottery for years. The idea is to favor countries that don't currently have large amounts of immigration to the US. At a recent citizenship ceremony in Kansas city 360 immigrants represented 69 countries. Which is pretty healthy no matter how you look at it
Not the way I look at it; nor, obviously, many others. Diversity = Conflict = Weakness. A move is underway to reform this Lottery system with one that favors limiting immigration from everywhere and giving preference to those would-be immigrants who have skills that are needed.

BTW, this long overdue policy change has nothing to do with Eugenics or Race at all. It's more of an environmental deal. We're full-up with folks in the USA.

Offspring

Ad Honorem
Mar 2013
România

Nice.

Mar 2019
Kansas
Not the way I look at it; nor, obviously, many others. Diversity = Conflict = Weakness. A move is underway to reform this Lottery system with one that favors limiting immigration from everywhere and giving preference to those would-be immigrants who have skills that are needed.

BTW, this long overdue policy change has nothing to do with Eugenics or Race at all. It's more of an environmental deal. We're full-up with folks in the USA.
The Diversity lottery has always been provisioned with floating numbers I have seen it as high as 200k and as low as 50k

And America full - Swing out through Kansas and tell me that.

Nov 2017
Geneva, Switzerland

The idea I present is not about the current world moving towards miscegenation. So rephrasing the question: Is there any radical Nazi-like ideology that says the perfect race (pure race) would be achieved through mixed or interracial?

AlpinLuke

Forum Staff
Oct 2011
Italy, Lago Maggiore
Historically I would indicated Sir Francis Galton [1822 - 1911] as the modern ideologist of eugenics. His conception of societies helping unsuitable individuals because of not natural motivations [helping the weak ones, he thought, the society condemns itself to a kind of regression and this is against natural selection] was really peculiar. He talked about something like reversion to mediocrity [!!!].

Reality is that the human species is not that great species and it's just our social attitude to have ensure to it the remarkeble development which it has recorded in the last millenia.

Larrey

Ad Honorem
Sep 2011

Saint-Simonism. Part of the point of history in their view was for the races meet, mix, blend together, and that way the future utopia for all humanity envisioned is achieved. A kind of idea of complementarity.

Gobineua's Aryan supremacy theories are sort of the Saint-Simonist idea inverted. The point of history is still that the races meet and mix, and that means the Aryan genius kicks of all the processes of history and civilization. G's vision unlike the upbeat Saint-Simonist's is however tragic. The process of the Aryans encountering the rest is the entire point of history. If they don't they just spend their time as some kind of barbarian cattle rustlers, and no history or greatness ensues. The problem is that the thing that produces this Aryan greatness, all history itself, also consumes the Aryan "blood". When they have been mixed in beyond a certain point, civilization collapses. But it was always impossible to maintain the Aryan purity of blood. It's supposed to get mixed and used up like that, or else it would be of no use and there would be no history. So for G it's the Aryans who do it all, but history and civilization are ephemeral. Once the Aryans run out, the future is bleak entropy for ever. It's a vision as aristocratic (all G's writings were about himself really) as tragic.

Similar History Discussions