Moscow airport plane fire: At least 41 people killed in Aeroflot crash landing

Naomasa298

Forum Staff
Apr 2010
T'Republic of Yorkshire
Always fly on an aircraft that has an excellent safety record and has a lot of engines
Of the aircraft flying today, only the Boeing 747 and the Airbus A380 have more than 2 engines. The former is being phased out as a passenger aircraft, and the latter has been discontinued.

Always arrive early in order to have a couple of bevvies at Wetherspoons.
Don't do this. There's nothing worse than a bunch of drunken idiots on a plane.

Jul 2016
Dengie Peninsula
Of the aircraft flying today, only the Boeing 747 and the Airbus A380 have more than 2 engines. The former is being phased out as a passenger aircraft, and the latter has been discontinued.

Don't do this. There's nothing worse than a bunch of drunken idiots on a plane.

I would recommend a B52, as that has 6 engines. You could take out the bombs and put in seats.Two pints are not going to turn you into a drunken idiot.
Anyway, I need them in order to summon up courage to get on the damn thing!

GogLais

Ad Honorem
Sep 2013
Wirral
This is why, if you are an experienced traveller, you know:
a) Keep your valuables, specifically your travel documents and ID, within easy reach so you can grab them without getting up
e) Airline staff ARE there for your safety, not just to serve you drinks. Treat them with respect. In an emergency, they might be the one you're relying on the save your life
Yes, I must practise a) in future. As regards e), one of the many things that annoy me is people that totally ignore the safety demonstrations and carry on reading or fiddling with their phones. I know most of us have heard it before but the staff are only doing their job and deserve to have that respected.

GogLais

Ad Honorem
Sep 2013
Wirral
Pedant alert - is the BAe 146 still in service? I always fancied a trip in one of them but it wasn’t to be. I read somewhere that the ideal number of engines was more than two and less than four. Bring back the Trident!

Oct 2015
Norway
This was a horrible tragidy and Our hopes and prayers are with the victims.
If I understand correctly the type of airplane was the first produced in Russia since the fall of the USSR, making it a very important project for the Russian civilian aircraft industry.
What effect will this terrible accident have on this part of Russian industry?