Most competent leader of the early 12th century?

Feb 2019
Thrace
So apparently you don't want to count the same person as the greatest leader twice, even though a list of, for example, the greatest leaders in Ireland might include Mael Sechnaill mac Domnail twice, once before Brian Boru and once again after Brian Boru.
Yes exactly. I'd like to keep every ruler having only one tenure.

MAGolding

Ad Honorem
Aug 2015
Chalfont, Pennsylvania
Yes exactly. I'd like to keep every ruler having only one tenure.
So if you thought that Grover Cleveland was the most competent ruler in the world for both of his 2 terms as President of the USA (1885-1889 & 1893-1897 you would still list him in only one of of those terms, for example.n

Feb 2019
Thrace
So if you thought that Grover Cleveland was the most competent ruler in the world for both of his 2 terms as President of the USA (1885-1889 & 1893-1897 you would still list him in only one of of those terms, for example.n
Well, the timeline I'm compiling is actually of the "greatest person alive from a contemporary perspective." But I kept the thread topic strictly to leaders because that's what I'm looking for in that period. With my actual criteria, a person's hypothetical status of "greatest person alive" doesn't necessarily expires with his tenure in an office. He would need a significant decline in reputation or someone else outshining him overtly.

Sep 2016
Georgia
David IV the Builder, King of Georgia - liberated his country and pretty much all Transcaucasia from Seljuks. He achieved series of victories and the most famous of them all was Battle at Didgori in 1121. David also managed to subdue powerful feudal lords and assert royal power. Series of administrative reforms took place during his reign as well. He essentialy laid a foundation for a future Georgian dominance in the region until the Mongol invasion in 1230's.

Feb 2019
Thrace
David IV the Builder, King of Georgia - liberated his country and pretty much all Transcaucasia from Seljuks. He achieved series of victories and the most famous of them all was Battle at Didgori in 1121. David also managed to subdue powerful feudal lords and assert royal power. Series of administrative reforms took place during his reign as well. He essentialy laid a foundation for a future Georgian dominance in the region until the Mongol invasion in 1230's.
Check the OP. I placed his after Taizu chronologically.