• Napoleon I

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Frederick I Barbarossa

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Richard the Lionheart

• Margaret I(Denmark)

• A Tudor(I'm not putting down the individual ones)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Charles IV

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
Sep 2012
Bulgaria
I noticed that there is no orthodox christian /like eastern roman emperors for example/ and pagan rulers in the list. Only early, late and high medieval catholic monarchs and some famous protestant kings. All of them in western, northern part of the continent.

Oct 2016
On a magic carpet
I must admit i'd never heard of most of these. I'd probably go with Abd-ar-Rahman III. He should definitely be on this list.

He ascended the throne of Cordoba in his early 20s, and reigned for half a century as the most powerful prince of Iberia. Although people of all creeds enjoyed tolerance and freedom of religion under his rule, he repelled the Fatimids, partly by supporting their Maghrawa enemies in North Africa, and partly by claiming the title Caliph (ruler of the Islamic world) for himself.

Sep 2012
Bulgaria
I must admit i'd never heard of most of these. I'd probably go with Abd-ar-Rahman III. He should definitely be on this list.

He ascended the throne of Cordoba in his early 20s, and reigned for half a century as the most powerful prince of Iberia. Although people of all creeds enjoyed tolerance and freedom of religion under his rule, he repelled the Fatimids, partly by supporting their Maghrawa enemies in North Africa, and partly by claiming the title Caliph (ruler of the Islamic world) for himself.
Apologies. I forgot about the famous muslim rulers of Europe. How about ottoman sultans, lots of them were quite notorious in early modern period of course. It starts with the fall of the City and Mehmed the Conqueror kinda triggered it. Suleiman the Magnificent is another quite notorious ottoman ruler.

Thinking about it, my vote goes for Alexander III of Macedon. Ancient history and macedonian kingdom have been situated on the continent so it counts i presume. If i am not allowed to, then my vote is for Richard I. His valour and III crusade military leadership are quite awesome.