Most insane campaign

Aug 2018
Southern Indiana
What were some of the longest, most far reaching, insane campaigns in history? Alexander the Great?, Cortez?

Feb 2019
Serbia
What do you mean by ''insane''? Something so brilliant that it was shocking and considered impossible? What do you mean by far-reaching? Something that had a lot of influence or something that conquered a huge amount of territory? By longest I assume you mean the duration of the campaign.

Aug 2018
Southern Indiana
What do you mean by ''insane''? Something so brilliant that it was shocking and considered impossible? What do you mean by far-reaching? Something that had a lot of influence or something that conquered a huge amount of territory? By longest I assume you mean the duration of the campaign.
Interpret it as you like,

johnincornwall

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Cornwall
Sir James Douglas wanting to take Robert the Bruce's heart on Crusade. Couldn't find one going on so got himself involved in a private war between Castille and Granada. At Teba 1330 got himself killed and - allegedly - threw casket and heart at the Granadino knights with some ridiculous alleged dying speech. Bonkers. We were at Teba 2 weeks ago by coincidence

Said heart and casket were retrieved from the battlefield by a - presumably bemused - Mohammed IV of Granada and sent to Alfonso XI, who redirected them back to Scotland, to be buried in the correct place.

And sanity was restored.

Another one that comes to mind is the whole Paraguay tri-partite war, Lopez thing.

May 2019
Earth
Sir James Douglas wanting to take Robert the Bruce's heart on Crusade. Couldn't find one going on so got himself involved in a private war between Castille and Granada. At Teba 1330 got himself killed and - allegedly - threw casket and heart at the Granadino knights with some ridiculous alleged dying speech. Bonkers. We were at Teba 2 weeks ago by coincidence

Said heart and casket were retrieved from the battlefield by a - presumably bemused - Mohammed IV of Granada and sent to Alfonso XI, who redirected them back to Scotland, to be buried in the correct place.

And sanity was restored.
Wasn't that kind of thing fairly common in medieval Europe, sending dead people's body parts around the place? I'm pretty sure I heard a story about Frederick I (of the HRE) having his bones, flesh, and organs buried at three different places around the Holy Land...

Zip

Jan 2018
Comancheria
The invasion of Quebec by the American rebels in 1775. Both militarily and politically stupid.

johnincornwall

Ad Honorem
Nov 2010
Cornwall
Wasn't that kind of thing fairly common in medieval Europe, sending dead people's body parts around the place? I'm pretty sure I heard a story about Frederick I (of the HRE) having his bones, flesh, and organs buried at three different places around the Holy Land...
Just shows the sheer idiocy that religion brings to life over the centuries