Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Arthur ap Pedr (of Dyfed)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Artuir mac Aedan (of Scotland)

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Jan 2015
England
I know there are numerous threads discussing whether King Arthur was real or not, but I thought it might be nice to see what people would say if we put that issue to the side for the moment, and simply say that if we accept that Arthur was a real person, who do you think he was most likely to have been? I thought this would be a good place for people to be able to discuss their theories without other people saying 'But Arthur probably never existed in the first place'. I just want people to be able to discuss which figure they think best matches the available information about Arthur. I'm fascinated to hear other people's theories about this. I've created a poll with the most common suggestions, so hopefully that will be a good starting point.

Belgarion

Ad Honorem
Jul 2011
Australia
If he existed then he was most likely a Romano-Britsh warlord who held out for a while against the encroaching Saxons. Even more likely he is a combination of characters who fought the Saxons, whose deeds have been embellished and eventually credited to one man.

Similar History Discussions