Most misrepresented figure in history?

pugsville

Ad Honorem
Oct 2010
From an architectural standpoint the paintings were not to bad. I am pretty sure people thought he could have made it in that field, but he simply didn't want to go back to school.
He did not have artistic talent. H eoucl draw buildings.But hardly enough to be an archettect , for which he would need a lot more, and passing high school would be a strat. But hardly a display of talent,.no one thought he had ral artistic talent.

Jul 2019
New Jersey
Richard I (Lionheart)

For all his gallantry and crusading prowess he was pretty lousy as an English King.

Kevinmeath

Ad Honoris
May 2011
Navan, Ireland
Richard I (Lionheart)

For all his gallantry and crusading prowess he was pretty lousy as an English King.
Yet at the time he was considered to be a very good King.

And England was only a part of his holdings.

It's interesting of how great/bad he was or was not has changed overtime

Reactions: royal744

royal744

Ad Honoris
Jul 2013
San Antonio, Tx
From an architectural standpoint the paintings were not to bad. I am pretty sure people thought he could have made it in that field, but he simply didn't want to go back to school.
While I was practicing architecture for a living, we would often hire architectural renderers. They were well paid, but if their work helped get the project, then...

What I’m commenting on here specifically, is that he was a decent to very good architectural illustrator. The world would have been so much better off had he been successful at than instead of being one of world’s worst - probably the killers.

Reactions: MG1962a
Jul 2012
Famines were a weak point, though, with regard to British rule in India, which can be partly ascribed to the minimal nature of that government with the low level of taxation. But blaming the evil British for the flu epeidemic that came in at the end of WW1 is a new one for me!
Not a agreeing with the poster who you are discussing with, but 'low taxation' by the British in India, they even put a tax on salt, the most basic of things required for survival on subcontinent. Bengal famine has been discussed a lot and it seems that no one has been able to change views of other side on this matter. I think it comes down to what figures, statistics and historians you believe in. Though no one can claim Churchill's attitude towards India and Indians was of a benevolent welfare giver during Bengal famine.

Tulius

Ad Honorem
May 2016
Portugal
While I was practicing architecture for a living, we would often hire architectural renderers. They were well paid, but if their work helped get the project, then...

What I’m commenting on here specifically, is that he was a decent to very good architectural illustrator. The world would have been so much better off had he been successful at than instead of being one of world’s worst - probably the killers.
Indeed: The world lost a resonable painter to win a damn good mass serial killer.